Report prompts for parameter in design view (1 Viewer)

pbuethe

Returning User
Local time
Today, 02:02
When I open one report in design view, it keeps prompting me for a parameter so I cannot do anything with it. The prompt keeps reappearing whether I enter the parameter, just click OK, click Cancel, or close the prompt. I cannot get out of it except by closing Access with Task Manager. What causes this and how can I stop it? Thanks for your assistance.

pbuethe

Returning User
Local time
I have solved the problem. The parameter is entered on a form. When I opened the form and entered the parameter value there, I was able to open the report in design view and make changes.

MSAccessRookie

AWF VIP
Local time
When I open one report in design view, it keeps prompting me for a parameter so I cannot do anything with it. The prompt keeps reappearing whether I enter the parameter, just click OK, click Cancel, or close the prompt. I cannot get out of it except by closing Access with Task Manager. What causes this and how can I stop it? Thanks for your assistance.

A query will request a parameter whenever Jet thinks that it has the correct syntax. but is missing information to process the request. For Instance:

The following Query will request the user to enter the a value for UserID because of a Parameter Request.
Code:
Select * From User Table Where UserID = [Enter User ID]

The following Query will request the user to enter the a value for User_ID because the proper column name (UserID) is not spelled correctly.
Code:
Select * From User Table Where User_ID = "Smith"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom