Attach Mail Message(s) to persons record (1 Viewer)

CarolW

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 14:23
Hi Everyone,
I have a question regarding a small database that I have at work (80 records) and what I'd like to be able to achieve is a mechanism whereby I can attach an e-mail message(s) (some may have attachments) to an individuals access record. I routinely receive various e-mails about these individuals and I'd like, when I click on their record to move or drag and drop their related messages from Outlook to say a subform realted to their record, or something on those lines, and they'll be there ready to be viewed by another user or myself.

Apologies if this doesn't make sense but that's basically what I am after.
These forums have always hepled me out in the past and I have learned so much over the time that i've relied on your professionalism as a trusted source.

Hope you can help me out with an example or point me in the right direction as to where to look. P.S - Tried numerous searches but no solution in sight as yet.. Currently using Access 2000

Kind Regards

CarolW:)

darbid

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 22:23
I routinely receive various e-mails about these individuals and I'd like, when I click on their record to move or drag and drop their related messages from Outlook to say a subform realted to their record, or something on those lines, and they'll be there ready to be viewed by another user or myself.

This sound like an interesting project have you finished it?

I am not sure that you could display the .html or .msg files from Outlook so easily in an Access form. What would you do with attachments...this sounds hard.

You could automate the uploading of a persons emails as files somewhere like a file server and at the same time save the path to these files with that persons records in Access.

ajetrumpet

Banned
Local time
Today, 16:23
hey Carol,

I have a contact mgmt database that I use for our contacts here with this company. We currently just take the message from outlook and paste it in the subform window, as the subform field is MEMO. That's all I've ever been able to do. If you want attachments in A2000, you'll probably have to use OLE fields, or hyperlinks to get to the windows directory where you can find the downloaded file.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom