Question Access desktop icon (1 Viewer)

mcdhappy80

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 23:06
In the Current Database options I've put icon of my database.
I'm interested why the desktop icon of database doesn't use this icon I've provided. This icon of mine can only be seen when You start application in the system tray. Here's what I mean:

I tried Right click on desktop icon, and the properties, but there is no Change Icon property in the Properties window (like on other folders and program icons).

Can this desktop icon somehow be changed?

Thank You.

NigelShaw

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 22:06
Hi,

thats probably because the access icon that appears when the db is open in a locked instance of your database itself. the icon in the toolbar is the database you have created and they are different file types for example-

access db = .accdb
open access db = .laccdb ( locked database which is different )

the best thing to do is move the db to a folder and have a shortcut on the desktop. that way, you will only see your db icon NOT the locked db icon.

HTH

Nigel

mcdhappy80

Registered User.
Local time
I have another icon involved question.
In the Current Database options I've set up an icon form my database and checked the option Use as Form and Report Icon. The icon itself is located in the Icon sub-folder with the database.
When I create the MSI installer package with ADE extenstion, install the database from the package on another computer and run the database, that icon I've specified in the Current Database options doesn't display now.
Why is his happening?
During the installer package creation process, on the third window, in the Additional Files options, I've specified that icon file and even the same Install Sub-folder for it, but that didn't solve the problem.
Thank You.

NigelShaw

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 22:06
Hi

have you tried it with the icon in the db folder itself? The installer I use which is sagekeys, places the icon in the main db folder only.

Nigel

mcdhappy80

Registered User.
Local time
Hi

have you tried it with the icon in the db folder itself? The installer I use which is sagekeys, places the icon in the main db folder only.

Nigel
Yes I tried. The only thing that works is:
after installation rename the database to .accde (back from .accdr), open the database, select the icon location form the Current Database tab, and the rename it back to .accdr.

Is sagekeys free? I'm not int position to pay for installer right now so I'm forced to use ADE.

Thank You anyways.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom