Rich

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 04:12
Do you mind calling it American series in future:mad::p

Adam Caramon

Local time
Yesterday, 23:12
I like the Yankees. Always hard to bet against Jeter and the gang.

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Is anyone outside the USA or Canada the remotest bit interested in the "world" (but not really the world because only 2 nations take part) series?

Col

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
That time - Philly or Yankees? Does anyone like the Yankees :p

You should have ended with a question mark.

What is Philly? Is it a singular person up against the Yankees? Shouldn't it be Phillies - i.e. plural?

Col

chergh

blah
Local time
You should have ended with a question mark.

For rhetorical questions other punctuation can replace the question mark, and the comment you were referring to was obviously rhetorical. Traditionally it would be a full stop or an exclamation mark but as it is the 21st century the use of a smilie in this instance seems quite appropriate.

KenHigg

Local time
Yesterday, 23:12
1-1... I was pulliung for Pedro last night :mad:

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
For rhetorical questions other punctuation can replace the question mark, and the comment you were referring to was obviously rhetorical. Traditionally it would be a full stop or an exclamation mark but as it is the 21st century the use of a smilie in this instance seems quite appropriate.

Utter tosh.

Col

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Wrong again Col. Maybe you should try checking your facts in future.:rolleyes:

On 28/11/2008 you said you were going to add me to your ignore list. What happened?

Oh, and try using a smilie on a job application form, see how far that gets you.

Col

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 22:12
To be perfectly honest, I lost interest in baseball a long time ago.

I couldn't care less what they called it as long as it doesn't monopolize my TV.

Now, when it is a rainy Sunday afternoon, my favorite thing to watch is ... golf.

Think about it. All the announcers speak in hushed voices as though the slightest noise in their studio is going to interfere with someone on the other side of the course. It's boring and the announcers talk a lot about nothing. It's the perfect situation for a nap! The audience gives a polite little golf-clap now and then, but if a really good shot comes up, they make noise. And they replay it a gazillion times, so you won't miss seeing Tiger Woods or Ernie Els or Colin Montgomery or Padraig Harrington do something impressive.

The only problem with that on Sundays this year is that the New Orleans Saints have been doing well and they almost tempt me to watch them play. Though if it is a pretty day I'd rather be outside.

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
Why is this in the Politics and Current Affairs, seems more suited to the less serious watercooler, or were you hoping for a reply from Bob?

Brian

Rich

Registered User.
Local time
Why is this in the Politics and Current Affairs, seems more suited to the less serious watercooler, or were you hoping for a reply from Bob?

Brian
Bob plays golf:eek:? that explains a lot

Fifty2One

Legend in my own mind
Local time
Yesterday, 20:12
I used to love baseball a long time ago... the tinny sounds of a transistor radio in the summer back when Montreal first had a league team and we would listen to it live from Jarry Park. lol.

I agree with you on being outside rather then glued to a screen - I do enough of that making a living, I do not need to make it my life.

To be perfectly honest, I lost interest in baseball a long time ago.

I couldn't care less what they called it as long as it doesn't monopolize my TV.

Now, when it is a rainy Sunday afternoon, my favorite thing to watch is ... golf.

Think about it. All the announcers speak in hushed voices as though the slightest noise in their studio is going to interfere with someone on the other side of the course. It's boring and the announcers talk a lot about nothing. It's the perfect situation for a nap! The audience gives a polite little golf-clap now and then, but if a really good shot comes up, they make noise. And they replay it a gazillion times, so you won't miss seeing Tiger Woods or Ernie Els or Colin Montgomery or Padraig Harrington do something impressive.

The only problem with that on Sundays this year is that the New Orleans Saints have been doing well and they almost tempt me to watch them play. Though if it is a pretty day I'd rather be outside.

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
BTW if we are going to talk sport let's talk real sport , good result last Sunday Rich. :D

Brian

Rich

Registered User.
Local time
:confused:

I know that I'm not as sharp as I used to be but I sure cannot figure this comment as a response to my post.

Brian
For some strange reason I made a connection between the words World and boring

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom