Select Case pulling wrong value (1 Viewer)

skwilliams

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 10:16
I have a select case statement that is pulling the wrong value.

QuSe1 is returning a value of 2.5 but it should be 3.25

Here's the code (I've put the values of each field in red and enclosed with asterisks for illustration):
Code:
Select Case Quality
    Case BiNeOs.Visible = False[COLOR="Red"]*True*[/COLOR], NeIS [COLOR="Red"]*2*[/COLOR] > 0
    QuSe1[COLOR="Red"]*2.5*[/COLOR] = ((IsRating[COLOR="Red"]*4*[/COLOR] * 0.25) + (OsRating[COLOR="Red"]*2*[/COLOR] * 0.75))
    Case BiNeOs.Visible = True[COLOR="Red"]*True*[/COLOR], NeIS [COLOR="Red"]*2*[/COLOR]> 0
    QuSe1[COLOR="Red"]*2.5*[/COLOR] = ((IsRating[COLOR="Red"]*4*[/COLOR] * 0.25) + (((BiOsRating[COLOR="Red"]*4*[/COLOR] + OsRating[COLOR="Red"]*2*[/COLOR]) / 2) * 0.75))
    Case BiNeOs.Visible = False[COLOR="Red"]*True*[/COLOR], NeIS [COLOR="Red"]*2*[/COLOR]= 0
    QuSe1[COLOR="Red"]*2.5*[/COLOR] = OsRating[COLOR="Red"]*2*[/COLOR]
    Case BiNeOs.Visible = True[COLOR="Red"]*True*[/COLOR], NeIS [COLOR="Red"]*2*[/COLOR]= 0
    QuSe1[COLOR="Red"]*2.5*[/COLOR] = (BiOsRating[COLOR="Red"]*4*[/COLOR] + OsRating[COLOR="Red"]*2*[/COLOR]) / 2
End Select

The criteria being matched are that of the 2nd select case statement, but it seems to be using the equation from the 1st select case statement.

I inserted a breakpoint and ran the code, it verified that the 2nd statement should be used based on the criteria.

Any ideas??

KenHigg

Local time
I don't think I've ever seen a select case statement used like that. I think I would run these test through a series of if statements...

gemma-the-husky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 15:16
it must be an issue with the calc itself in the second case (although the answer returned appears to be the value from case 1 - are you sure bineos.visible is TRUE)

i would use msgboxes to break it down into sections and see how the calc is being done.

i didnt realise you could have multiple conditions in a case statement as you have done - but i guess if the compiler is not complaining, that cant be a problem.

you have already used other stuff like setting breakpoints.

skwilliams

Registered User.
Local time
After setting the breakpoint, it is telling me that BiNeOs is true.

skwilliams

Registered User.
Local time
Running into a similiar problem with another Select Case statement although not as complex as the other one.

IsRating is returning a 0 value but should be 3.5

Code:
Select Case OdEr [COLOR="Red"]*19.33*[/COLOR]
    Case 0.001 To frmISScale!a [COLOR="Red"]*13.99*[/COLOR]
    IsRating = 0
    Case frmISScale!c [COLOR="Red"]*14.00*[/COLOR] To frmISScale!b [COLOR="Red"]*15.74*[/COLOR]
    IsRating = 1
    Case frmISScale!e [COLOR="Red"]*15.75*[/COLOR] To frmISScale!d [COLOR="Red"]*17.49*[/COLOR]
    IsRating = 2
    Case frmISScale!g [COLOR="Red"]*17.5*[/COLOR] To frmISScale!f [COLOR="Red"]*19.24*[/COLOR]
    IsRating = 3
    Case frmISScale!i [COLOR="Red"]*19.25*[/COLOR] To frmISScale!h [COLOR="Red"]*20.99*[/COLOR]
    IsRating = 3.5
    Case Is >= frmISScale!j [COLOR="Red"]*21.00*[/COLOR]
    IsRating = 4
    Case Is = 0
    IsRating = 4
End Select

Ugh

namliam

The Mailman - AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 16:16
the comma used in each case is a OR not an AND...

The case is beeing used wrongly in this *erm* case...
Code:
Select Case Quality
    Case "good", "best"
    Case "Not so good", "Medium"
etc...
Is the way one "should" use a case... not the way it is done here... Instead use a IF/Then/elseif structure or even If/then/else structure....
Code:
If BiNeOs.Visible = False then
    if NeIS *2* > 0 then
    elseif NeIS *2* = 0 then
    else 
    endif
else
endif

Your second issue, make sure you are working with numbers, not strings...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom