How can I force before update event proc (1 Viewer)

araskas

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 18:31
I have a form with calendar control on it. I call that form from all my other forms.
If my sub form is in datasheet view I call the calendar form by using double click event. For all other forms I created a button and call the calendar from the double click event. After selecting the date the focus goes back to the control that called the calendar form.
My problem is all my date fields have before update and after update events. If I change the date in a text box using code these event will not fire. How I can I force before update and after update events on control’s lost focus event.
My bound text controls that contain dates have validations in before update events procs. After update event procs do not do these validations as they are done on the before update event so that I can cancel the update.
I do not want to move all these validations to form on current event as I do not want to validate existing data when the user is just browsing through records.
Moving the validations to form after update and before update events is some thing I have not yet thought of. I will do it if it is the only way.

[This message has been edited by araskas (edited 08-23-2001).]

araskas

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 18:31
I solved my problem. In case any one is interested in knowing-
I used the oldvalue property of the text box control.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom