I'm ashamed of our government (1 Viewer)

ajetrumpet

Banned
Local time
Today, 03:57
To everyone here that is not part of the USA, I guess I can say sorry for what our stupid government is doing. I am watching the news right now, and I'm sitting here thinking "There's no way I'm having any kids".

I have no idea what I would say if I met a majority congressman, or even the president, but I'll tell you something for sure, I would be scared to death to even look at them. I got a cold shiver down my back when I learned tonight that congress is trying to push a debt ceiling increase bill before the year is over. I couldn't believe my ears. Not that I really care because I'm unaffected by this whole thing, but I feel bad for other people for sure.

And by the way, does anyone else here feel a devilish hatred or just simply want to cry when they see the incredibly fake smile that Nancy Pelosi always has on her face? My god, that just makes me want to....

I do wonder sometimes too, if a woman who is that fake could possibly have a heart left in her body. I bet she hasn't experienced any human feeling for years. That's truly sad.

Rich

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 09:57
Yes this government is left saddled with the mess BUSH left behind,
how odd that you're not ashamed of that administration:rolleyes:

ajetrumpet

Banned
Local time
Yes this government is left saddled with the mess BUSH left behind,
how odd that you're not ashamed of that administration:rolleyes:
the news people said today that more than half of americans polled wanted bush back in office so they can go back to work. :rolleyes:

i guess it's either a job or war. didn't you say once that you have been self-employed nearly all your life? you sure as heck wouldn't be now if you lived over this way rich.

Mike375

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 18:57
Shortest books ever written

1. THINGS I DID TO DESERVE THE NOBEL PEACE PRIZE by Barack Obama
2. OTHER BLACK PEOPLE I'VE MET WHILE YACHTING by Tiger Woods
3. THINGS I LOVE ABOUT MY COUNTRY by Jane Fonda & Cindy Sheehan. Illustrated by Michael Moore
4. MY CHRISTIAN ACCOMPLISHMENTS & HOW I HELPED AFTER KATRINA by /Rev Jesse Jackson & Rev Al Sharpton
5. THINGS I LOVE ABOUT BILL by Hillary Clinton
6. Sequel: THINGS I LOVE ABOUT HILLARY By Bill Clinton
7. THINGS I CANNOT AFFORD by Bill Gates
8. THINGS I WOULD NOT DO FOR MONEY by Dennis Rodman
9. THINGS WE KNOW TO BE TRUE by Al Gore & John Kerry
10. AMELIA EARHART'S GUIDE TO THE PACIFIC
11. A COLLECTION of MOTIVATIONAL SPEECHES by Dr. J. Kevorkian
12. TO ALL THE MEN WE'VE LOVED BEFORE by Ellen de Generes & Rosie O'Donnel
13. THE AMISH PHONE DIRECTORY
14. MY PLAN TO FIND THE REAL KILLER by O. J. Simpson
15. HOW TO DRINK & DRIVE SAFELY by Ted Kennedy
16. MY BOOK OF MORALS by Bill Clinton with introduction by the Rev. Jesse Jackson/
AND, JUST ADDED:
17. Complete Knowledge of Military Strategy By Nancy Pelosi

David Eagar

Registered User.
Local time
This possibly fits in with thoughts I have been having about the state of the globe.

The end to to the current global Financial / Climate / Food crises is very simple:

Apparently it is quite humane to cull animals if the over-populate - Given the above crises are caused by humans I propose a human cull.

When elected world leader, my first actions will be to:

a) Make smoking compulsory
b) make taxes on tobacco illeagal
c) Outlaw the medical profession and all forms of medical research
d) Make not only the right to bear weapons in the US, it will now be compulsory
e) Sentence all workers in the Finance / Currency exchange industry to capital punishment (I will be quite happy to pull the lever on the electric chair)

That should make a healthy start to fixing our problems

David Eagar

Registered User.
Local time
Actually, the US problem is the same we have in Australia. 200+ years ago when the nation was first set up and it took 2 weeks to get from one side of the country to the other, having states made sense.

Neither government can legislation through because of regional interests, so NOTHING gets done

Today, with instaneous communication, it doesn't. What existing political party is going to change the system to exclude their party members out of a job by abolishing states? NONE

So, we need NEW parties to change the current political system - and where are these going to come from? In the US I believe less than 50% of the population voted (I am subject to correction if I am wrong)

In Australia, we get fined if we don't vote (if we didn't we wouldn't have a government because we are all at the beach on voting day!!)

CHANGE THE SYSTEM !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ajetrumpet

Banned
Local time
In the US I believe less than 50% of the population voted (I am subject to correction if I am wrong)
wow. that's incredible. I didn't actually know that, I thought that was more than half for sure.

Are you sure about that? if that IS true though, the 50% that WERE there were standing next to Oprah cheering the first black man to be president. But what is he now? A good leader, or just another man? I'd say the latter. There is nothing more concrete that shows america's stupidity than people (and certainly the brainless politicians) in an election year. :rolleyes:

and bt, never underestimate the power of a political motive. most have one, which is really sad.

Atomic Shrimp

Humanoid lifeform
Local time
Power corrupts - so they say, and I see no counterexamples in the world of politics. We're going through a massive media circus here in the UK over politician's expenses. The previous (opposition) government did the same thing, so it's obviously just a case of opportunity bringing out the worst in people.

David Eagar

Registered User.
Local time
wow. that's incredible. I didn't actually know that, I thought that was more than half for sure.

Are you sure about that? if that IS true though, the 50% that WERE there were standing next to Oprah cheering the first black man to be president. But what is he now? A good leader, or just another man? I'd say the latter. There is nothing more concrete that shows america's stupidity than people (and certainly the brainless politicians) in an election year. :rolleyes:

and bt, never underestimate the power of a political motive. most have one, which is really sad.

No, but I think I'm somewhere in the ballpark

Where would you be now if (his opponents who's name I can't remember) got in ??????????????

ajetrumpet

Banned
Local time
Where would you be now if (his opponents who's name I can't remember) got in ??????????????

we would be nowhere because the guy was simply too old and he's out of "fight". he couldn't have fought hard enough for what is right anyway. the name was John McCaine. His ideas are great for the people, but like I said, he's simply too old and he doesn't have enough fight left in him for it to make a difference against the younger ones (I don't think anyway).

As I've experienced tragically, it takes months of fighting the government to get anything accomplished worth while. But then again, if you want to complain about everything that's wrong, you can probably get a job with a government agency. I'm thinking of learning how to do just that instead of trying to attain a career in IT or accounting. :D

David Eagar

Registered User.
Local time
Ah, McCain - another American 'hero' from failed policies 30 years ago.

Instead of creating a hero out of someone who was dumb enough to get captured, why not select someone who was smart enough NOT TO BE????

David Eagar

Registered User.
Local time
To all you US & UK viewers,

It is now 2016, go back in history and see what happened to Germany in the 1920's when it decided to print money to get out of a financial crisis.

In 2016 the US & UK currency will be on par with Botwsana / North Korea for exactly the same reasons - Get it right or disappear !!!!!

Pauldohert

Something in here
Local time
Today, 01:57
To all you US & UK viewers,

It is now 2016, go back in history and see what happened to Germany in the 1920's when it decided to print money to get out of a financial crisis.

In 2016 the US & UK currency will be on par with Botwsana / North Korea for exactly the same reasons - Get it right or disappear !!!!!

As long as we still have Kylie , Home and Away, cheap plonk - and the backing (bludging) of Oz in places like Afghanistan it'll be OK.

I do hope the Indonesians let these things continue. They may even do something about your greenhouse emissions.

Pauldohert

Something in here
Local time
Today, 01:57
What's wrong with cheap plonk, it's the only comfort we have left:mad:

Well California has dumbed some of its lesser wine down to the levels of Australian wine - to compete in the mass market - in 2016 no doubt you will be buying from there instead.

Galaxiom

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
George W Bush and his puppeteers ruined the chances of the planet to do something in time. These men and the Republican Party in general will be remembered for their evil, greedy, amoral motives. McCain avoided being included by failing to be elected. Had Republicans reigned another term we would have had no hope.

Galaxiom

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Well California has dumbed some of its lesser wine down to the levels of Australian wine - to compete in the mass market - in 2016 no doubt you will be buying from there instead.

American jingoistic prejudice. A minor example of what is deeply sick with so many in the USA. The strength of the US lies in the obsessive self belief of its people. You have believed you own hype for far too long. The facade cannot be maintained indefinitely.

The economy was given a reprieve by the sale of toxic debt derivitaves across the globe. Don't expect to get away with this deceitful theft again.

Take a look at what has happened to the value of the Greenback in the past decade. You cannot spend trillions on wars while neglecting real development and expect to continue to be cutting edge in anything but war.

The clearest example of misplaced investment is General Motors. They had a cutting edge electric vehicle prototype in beta testing. These cars were recalled and destroyed. Instead they developed the military inspired Hummer and now the company is a good as dead. Would this have happened if the government had focussed on replacing oil instead of trying to dominate the Middle East in an expensive and futile effort to secure oil supplies?

Wake up America.

Rich

Registered User.
Local time
American jingoistic prejudice. A minor example of what is deeply sick with so many in the USA. The strength of the US lies in the obsessive self belief of its people. You have believed you own hype for far too long. The facade cannot be maintained indefinitely.

The economy was given a reprieve by the sale of toxic debt derivitaves across the globe. Don't expect to get away with this deceitful theft again.

Take a look at what has happened to the value of the Greenback in the past decade. You cannot spend trillions on wars while neglecting real development and expect to continue to be cutting edge in anything but war.

The clearest example of misplaced investment is General Motors. They had a cutting edge electric vehicle prototype in beta testing. These cars were recalled and destroyed. Instead they developed the military inspired Hummer and now the company is a good as dead. Would this have happened if the government had focussed on replacing oil instead of trying to dominate the Middle East in an expensive and futile effort to secure oil supplies?

Wake up America.
Pst., Paul is actually British by the way;)
I think he lives way up North in an unruly place called Liverpool:D

Mike375

Registered User.
Local time
Obama has been great for gun sales in America and even better for reloading components. But causes short supply for us in Ausatralia.

I think a lot of people let their bias cause them to under estimate the US of A.

jamesmor

Registered User.
Local time
the news people said today that more than half of americans polled wanted bush back in office so they can go back to work.

the polls should be put in the proper place in the news paper, right by the garfield comic, where they belong

america has 2 problems

1. all our government is; are good old boys keeping themselves rich

2. the american people are too lazy to do anything about #1

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom