How to test reliability? (1 Viewer)

meyou

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 09:49
Hi everyone,

I have a DB with a sample of 5 records. When running queries, the results are accurate. I know because there's only 5 records and I can check each records and proceed to the validation manually.

How should I proceed with 100 records? How can we test the reliability of Access? Is it a process that I should go on? Does it depends on the planning?

Sincerely,

vbaInet

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 17:49
How should I proceed with 100 records? How can we test the reliability of Access?
I would imagine the only way to test it is by trying it out. Input another 100 records:eek: How many records are you envisaging to have?

Is it a process that I should go on?
It's definitely worth giving it a whirl.

Does it depends on the planning?
As with anything, good planning is key. In addition and specifically to relational database design good design too helps (or is paramount) :)

meyou

Registered User.
Local time
We should get approximately between 500 to 700 records!

Basically the queries are simple one so I don't really know if I should pass lots of time testing 500 records :s I guess I should have more trust and faith!!!

Sincerely,

vbaInet

AWF VIP
Local time
For reliability and speed (as long as the query was designed correctly), no. The jet engine would handle that without any problems.

For your own pleasure and to ensure you're getting the correct records (based on how you defined the query), that would be up to you :)

SOS

Registered Lunatic
Local time
I guess I should have more trust and faith!!!
Sometimes you have to test as good as you can and then you have to rely that things are happening as they should and hope that all is well.

Mike375

Registered User.
Local time
Tomorrow, 02:49
If you have trouble with 1000 records it won't be because of Access.

However, your queries might not allow for all scenarios of data but the conditions you have not allowed for might not exist in 5 reccords.

A simple example would be where you have a formula that that might include [Field1]/[Field2]. There will be problems when [Field2] is 0 but in only a small sample of records there are none of those records where [Field2] is 0

gemma-the-husky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
what are yuo trying to test?

you can open the table directly to see how many records you have

if they dont all appear on the query its either because

a) you have set some criteria to limit the selections OR
b) some of your joins relationships are incomplete, causing certain records to be omitted, which comes under the heading of operator error if you like.

I hesitate to say 100%, but used sensibly, access is 100% reliable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom