Access 2010 and Share Point Development (1 Viewer)

Rx_

Nothing In Moderation
Local time
Today, 10:03
Are there any discussion groups or early adopters for Access 2010 and Share Point development? My suggestion is to start one now. Myself, I will be purchasing an Intel I5 (or i7) workstation to be an early adopter. It will include Access 2010, Share Point, and SQL Server 2008.

There are probably a lot of lessons just in the setup and configuration that could be shared. And, if the rumors are true about a new emphasis on Share Point, it could offer new consulting opportunities.

New Access 2010 release date is coming soon May 12th. http://blogs.msdn.com/access/archive/2010/03/12/access-2010-release-date.aspx
Typically, the "Shrink Wrap" street date could be 4-6 weeks later.

My intention is to look at SharePoint and Access 2010. The suggestion is to setup a Win 2008 R2 server (basically the server version of Win 7). Threr is a possibliity that SharePoint and the Access services will not work on Win 7 Ultimate.

Rumors that Access 2010 for client development of Share Point is going to take a big leap on this version. As a consulting programmer (and SQL Server DBA) I am very interested and excited in how the SharePoint world will receive Access 2010. Based on Access 2007, my guess is that existing Access people are going to think publishing to SharePoint is pretty limited. But, once released, the SharePoint world may be very accepting. For rapid prototype and small to medium business, they could look for Access consultants for help. I wouldn’t bet the farm on it, but I think there will be a lot of opportunities in the next year or so for someone who can create Access / Share Point “web” apps.

If there is an existing place that is started, please point me there. Otherwise, my suggestion is to create a new entry point - with several directories (i.e. Server setup configuration, Access configurations, ...) soon.

Rx_

Nothing In Moderation
Local time
Today, 10:03
Much appreciated

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom