speaking of backends (1 Viewer)

accessfleet

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 22:13
I guess I need another lesson. Records cannot be deleted from my front end forms. I just discovered one record from my back end units table that is no longer there.

I may have deleted it in error. Is it possible to password deletions in 2007?

Last edited:

PNGBill

Win10 Office Pro 2016
Local time
Today, 14:13
The form doesn't hold records. It is just the "GUI" to access records and manipulate, add, delete etc.
Records are in your Tables which are in the BackEnd.

In your Form, you can prevent a record being deleted.
The possibilities of restricting and allowing additions, deletions, editing etc are endless from the Form's properties and the Properties of the Controls you have on the Form (can be Fields when referring to tables)

If you operator login then you can have the form allow deletions when you open it but not allow when another user opens it.

accessfleet

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 22:13
Thanks for the interest. The front end already restricts operators from deleting records from the form level.

A record was deleted from my back end data tables. I am not sure how or who. But it made me aware of the posibility and that is a consern because if can be done in one table, it could also be done in several tables.

I think only I should do any deletes to the backend tables or the folder containing the db.

Access2007 removed security that I might have used. I now need to figure a different way if possible.

System has three computers each with a login to help IT keep tract of them.

Is there some coding trick that would prevent computers 2 and 3 from deleting records?

Too green to know, Any help appreciated.

Last edited:

DCrake

Remembered
Local time
Today, 03:13
You may need to think about password protecting the backend database at database level. Then use Link Table Manager to relink the tables in your front end to take on board the password setting.

That way unless the person knows the backend password they cannot open it to delete records.

PNGBill

Win10 Office Pro 2016
Local time
Today, 14:13
I had records being deleted until I sorted out Referential Integrity and had critical tables related correctly which effectively means all important records can't be deleted as they have a record in another table.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom