Advanced query + report that sorts according to repeats (1 Viewer)

tareksul

Local time
Today, 07:58
Hello everyone, I have very little expierience with access and need some professional assistance.

I have a database that allows any teacher to make "warnings" for students who misbehave. I need a report generated every month for the school principle. It will show all the students who misbehaved during that month and sort the students from the most warning to the least.

I have a table with all the students
A table for all the teachers.

A table is made for "warnings" in which a form is used to select a students name, select the act of misbehaving, and select the complainign teacher

Thnks in advance

stopher

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 15:58
Welcome to the forum.

What's the question? Where are you stuck?

Chris

thingssocomplex

Registered User.
Local time
I am unsure what you need help with but I will take a guess - when you capture the information on your table you need a query this would contain teacher, student and student again you can add grouping and do a count on student name and sort on Descending you than can create a report from the query. If you need to report within a period you could capture a date logged in your table and create a form with two text boxes which capture the date and in the criteria of the query do a >= and <= for the date ranger needed. Hope this helps

vbaInet

AWF VIP
Local time
I have a database that allows any teacher to make "warnings" for students who misbehave.
It depends on how your Warnings table is set up. If you have two fields, a Number field and the Warning field, where the Number field will indicate the severity of the warning then you can sort on that field.

I need a report generated every month for the school principle. It will show all the students who misbehaved during that month and sort the students from the most warning to the least.
Set the criteria for the Date field to Month([DateField]) = Month(Date())

It will show all the students who misbehaved during that month and sort the students from the most warning to the least.
Set it up as explained, create a query to pull data from the relevant tables, set the criteria and use that query to create your report. Using SORTING and GROUPING in the report, sort by that Number field followed by the student's Surname ... etc.

tareksul

Local time
I appreicate all the help given, sry for the lack of details given about the prblm but I had a concept in mind but no expierence to implement . The methods given are Clear and simple to follow, I thank all who helped

tareksul

Local time
do users get payed for answering many questions and gaining alot of rep: :) just a quick question?

vbaInet

AWF VIP
Local time
do users get payed for answering many questions and gaining alot of rep: :) just a quick question?
That would be ideal but no, we are volunteering our time on here. No financial gain :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom