me.bookmark (2 Viewers)

the_net_2.0

Banned
Local time
Today, 02:41
could someone be so kind as to explain to me exactly what a bookmark does? I've never used it, and I guess I've never had to use it either, but I'm still interested in why so many people do. Explanations anyone?

any help greatly appreciated. thanks much!

ted.martin

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 07:41
A bookmark is a marker that records a particular position of your choice on a table recordset.

It does what it says in the name, puts a temporary marker which can be used later to return to the same recordset without having to go through the Find or Seek sequence.

the_net_2.0

Banned
Local time
Today, 02:41
I see. I figured that. So it's a marker record right? can you give me an example of how you would come right back to that record using the bookmark so you could reference the record's values?

I'm interested in finding out how much of a time saver it is. For instance do you have to dim variables and open recordsets again to get back to the bookmark?

vbaInet

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 08:41
Just bear in mind that if changes are made to a record within the recordset, or a new record is inserted where at the same time you had an already saved bookmark, the bookmark might become invalid.

There are a few ways it can be used. Your best bet would be to search for Form.Bookmark and Recordset.Bookmark in the Access Help files, there are some examples there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom