select name in combo box display image in bound image box (1 Viewer)

botit

Local time
Today, 16:56
Ok, i'm totally new to Access 2007 and in doing research i find that i need to study up to be able to use it on even a simple level, but in the mean time I have to build a form. So here are my conditions.

I have a database called "Students".

What I want to do is select a name (Last_Name) from a drop down on my form in a combo box (Combo0) and have it pull the picture from Field6 of the "Incumbents" table record that is associated to the name (Last_Name) and display it in a bound picture box (OLEBound11).

I have spent a few hours trying to get it right but have been unsuccessful.

Please help, thanks in advance.

botit

Local time
Today, 16:56
i looked at the flags example prior to posting but that is not what I want to do.

The pictures are a record in a table as stated in the first post, not located in a directory somewhere on a drive that I can just point to.

John Big Booty

AWF VIP
Local time
Tomorrow, 06:56
I would suggest that you steer well away from storing images within your DB as this will cause unnecessary bloat, rather as has been demonstrated in that sample simply store the location of the images within your table.

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
Today, 13:56
If the picture is actually stored in the table then you will need to use a form's recordset and bind the picture field to the Bound OLE box.

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
Today, 13:56
I would suggest that you steer well away from storing images within your DB as this will cause unnecessary bloat, rather as has been demonstrated in that sample simply store the location of the images within your table.

And I agree with that statement.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom