Error Loading Active X Control (1 Viewer)

sphynx

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 22:59
I have an access 2000 database, that is split as an MDB backend and an MDE Front end, it serves approx 30 users and help to control R&D of new products.

The database has been running problem free for 18 months, I was recently asked to alter the base task generation and reporting.

Unfortunatley my hard copy, held as a complete MDB before splitting had been removed from our server. I was forced to rebuild a full working MDB version from the MDB BE & MDE FE.

This is done but I have hit an error I can neither fathom or get past.

If I create or try to amend an exsisting form that has any object or function that calls for a VBA reference I get the following error.

The expression MouseMove you entered as the event property setting produced the following error: There was an error loading an ActiveX control on one of your forms or reports
The expression will cycle through all event properties for each object

When this occurs I have passed through all objects to ensure that there are no Event properties holding commands, this will also happen if there are no Active X Controls on the form in question.

The error generally happens in conjunction with the MSComCtl2.DTPicker object, i have unregistered and re-registered this through regserver in cmd but to no avail.

Any help would be massivley appreciated

JamesMcS

Keyboard-Chair Interface
Local time
Could it be something to do with references in VBA in the new project?

sphynx

Registered User.
Local time
I have debugged the whole off my vb project & can't find any errors:(

smig

Registered User.
Local time
Tomorrow, 00:59
make sure you have no Missing: reference

JamesMcS

Keyboard-Chair Interface
Local time
What activex controls have you used in this project? Might be worth making sure they're all there and up to date?

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
Today, 14:59
Just to verify - you are using Access 2000 with this database and not 2010, correct?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom