tabs on form not showing in form view in access 2007 (1 Viewer)

pmathobela

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 13:23
Hi guys,

Im having a problem with Tabs on the form. I have 7 Tabs(EmpDetails,Skills,HR,Technical,Attachment,Notes and Management) on a form(Employee).

The problem is in design mode I can see the tabs on the form but in form mode and can see the tabs. its just a blank form. I've tried rezing the tabs and also coping properties of other forms that have tabs but I am getting the blank form in Form view mode.

Please assit!

Thank again!

DCrake

Remembered
Local time
Today, 11:23
It sounds like you have a bound form with no recrods in the underlying recrod source or the add/edit/delete/data entry setting or wrong.

pmathobela

Registered User.
Local time
Hi DCrake,

Whats is a bound form?

I have 7 tables forming up those Tabs. Earlier on when I was using only three tables with three tabs it was working fine. I have tried changing form properties but it still gives nothing on the form view.

thanx!

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
Today, 03:23
1. You would need to use SUBFORMS for the different tables on each tab. You can't just have all tables joined together in one large query on the main form's record source.

2. A bound form is a form which has its record source property set to a table or a query and then controls on the form each have a field set as its control source.

pmathobela

Registered User.
Local time
Hi Bob,

Thanks, i tried using 3 tabs and seems to be working!

pmathobela

Registered User.
Local time
Hi,

How do I link data on Tab 1 to Tab 2. on Tab one its one table and two another table. should i build a relationship first on both tables?

pmathobela

Registered User.
Local time
Hi,

sorry to bother again. When I try saving the data on tabs, only on 1st tab it saves.

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
Sorry, I wasn't ignoring you - for some reason your posts wound up in a moderation queue.

Can you post a copy of your database?

pmathobela

Registered User.
Local time
Hi Bob,

Do you perhaps have an email address that I can send it to? I have compressed it and its 3MB, so it exceeds the limit.

Thanx again!

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
Hi Bob,

Do you perhaps have an email address that I can send it to? I have compressed it and its 3MB, so it exceeds the limit.

Thanx again!

Yes, I'll PM you an email address. You will need to include a description of the problem, which form to look at, etc. as I go through a lot of posts throughout the day and am not sure what is what when I get the email.

terces

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 18:23
i got this when i use query as a record source, but when i set the table as record source, it seems fine...i wonder why.

Attachments

• blank form.zip
    73 KB · Views: 90
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom