printing and generating forms problem (1 Viewer)

cardio614

Local time
Today, 13:33
hey guy.. just found out about this form and hoping for some advice.

i have a form that collects information on different clients (each record is a client). i continuously update the form with new records (clients).

what i want to do is to have a button in my form that generates a report for the specific client (or record). i have tried many things and reading other suggestions.

i am having two problems: one, my report does not update to include the new records i added (just the old one). two (major problem) i really cannot get a single record to print, just all of them!

any help is greatly appreciated!!!

thanks

missinglinq

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 16:33
The newly entered record not being included in the report is probably due to clicking on the print report button before saving the new record. To have a single record as the source for the report you have to identify the record for the Access Gnomes! Allen Browne has an excellent paper outlining how to take care of both of these things:

http://allenbrowne.com/casu-15.html

Linq ;0)>

cardio614

Local time
Perfect!

I was able to solve the printing of each record issues.

For some reason, however, despite saving my records, when I open my report, it only contains my first two records (probably the same time when the report was created) and does not update to include more records on the report.

Did I set up my report incorrectly? During the creation of a report, are there features/selections for it to continuously update and include more records?

Thanks so much!! Very appreciated!

missinglinq

AWF VIP
Local time
The report should include all records currently in the table or query that it is based on, each time it opens. Is it based on a table or a query? If based on a query, when you open the query independently, does it show all records?

Have you actually printed this report out or are you looking at it in Report Preview?

If you're simply Previewing it, are you sure that your current formatting isn't such that it only allows 2 records per page? In Preview is there more than one page in the report?

Linq ;0)>

Last edited:

cardio614

Local time
Thanks for you reply!

My report is based on form that is linked to a table (not a query).

When I open the form itself, it only shows record #1. When I open record 1 or 2, the corresponding report opens. But for the other records, the form is blank.

I am looking at the form in Report Preview - have not printed it yet. In the preview window, there are multiple pages for the report.

Hope this helps to clarify your question and I appreciate any help!

missinglinq

AWF VIP
Local time
My report is based on form that is linked to a table (not a query).
Reports are based on Tables or Queries, not on Forms. In Report Design View, go to Properties-Data; what is the Record Source listed there?
When I open the form itself, it only shows record #1. When I open record 1 or 2, the corresponding report opens. But for the other records, the form is blank.
In Form Design View, go to Properties-Format; what is the Default View for the Form?
In the preview window, there are multiple pages for the report.
What do you see if you move to one of the other pages of the report? In Report Design View you have to be very careful of how long, top-to-bottom, you have the report set up; having it too long can result in the report only showing a few records per page.

It would probably help if you could
  • Save the database in 2003 or earlier file format, if you're using version 2007/2011 necessary
  • ZIp it up
  • Attach it to a post here
Sometimes these things can only be diagnosed by the actual laying on of hands.

Linq ;0)>

cardio614

Local time
Perfect! I got it to work! Thanks so much!

Another question: Is there a way or feature in Access where I can have a Main Form that opens once the database in finalized that lists my records (by last name) and I can simply click on the name and it will take me directly to the form?

VilaRestal

';drop database master;--
Local time
Today, 21:33

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom