Standalone Application (1 Viewer)

Taffski

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 09:21
MS Access 2010

Is it possible to save a DB created in MS Access 2010 as a standalone application (or at the very least a front end form) so that users not having Access installed on a local PC can access the data on a network server and Add, Delete, Edit records (as per any set permissions)?

Grateful for any assistance.

Many thanks.

Taffski :confused: (Permanent state of mind!)

Mr. B

"Doctor Access"
Local time
Today, 03:21
The short answer is Yes. You create the database with a full version of Access 2010 as an .accde type file. Distritute that file to the users and have them download the free Runtime version:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...cd-5250-4df6-bfd1-6ced700a6715&displaylang=en

You will need to provide all required interface as those using the runtime version can do nothing but the things for which you provide tools.

Taffski

Registered User.
Local time
Many thanks for the heads up and the prompt reply.

First bit completed; now on to distribution............wish me luck!!! :)

Mr. B

"Doctor Access"
Local time
Today, 03:21
You are very welcome.

Good luck with your project..

Taffski

Registered User.
Local time
Runtime is opening the User Form on remote PCs and updating the data tables nicely. Many thanks for the assistance.

If I may go one step further.........the Cmd buttons don't seem to work in the runtime version so users can't search for specific records (of which there are > 14,500) and can't print reports.

Everything seems to be enabled in the Trust Centre in the xyz.accdb file before saving as xyz.accde.

Any ideas? :confused:

eirman

Registered User.
Local time
Here is the link to the runtime version of Access 2010. The link isn't complete or clickable as this is only my second post.

microsoft dot com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=10910

Here is the 2013 version
microsoft dot com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=39358

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom