Use form input in an Update Query (1 Viewer)

mark627

Local time
Today, 02:50
Hi everyone,

This is my first post, so thanks in advance for any help!

I'm a little stuck on what I'm sure must be a pretty simple Access query. Here's what I'm after:

I have a data table with 2 columns - location and part number. Location is the primary key and so all locations are unique. What I need to do is to add or update a part number to the part number field, for the location which is selected on the form. I've so far managed to get a select query to return the location selected on the form, but I'm a bit stuck on how to get the query to also pull in the part number input on the same form, when I change this to an update query. I've attached where I'm up to so far.

Any help on this one would be hugely welcome, thanks guys!

Mark.

Attachments

• help.accdb
    488 KB · Views: 69

Mr. B

"Doctor Access"
Local time
Today, 04:50
First, welcome to the forums.

I have made many changes to your database.

Among the changes that I made are:
Field Names in your table had spaces - removed the spaces
Changed the PartNumber field from a Number type to a Text type field
Controls on your form were not bound to the record source.
Added a few controls and some VBA code to add functionality.

I have attached a modified version of your database. I have some VBA code behind some of the events of your form and the control on the form. I have tried to provide extensive comments within this VBA code so you can hopefully understand what the code does. Take a look around in it and when you have any questions please post back.

Attachments

• help.accdb
    452 KB · Views: 154

mark627

Local time
Today, 02:50
Mr B,

Thanks so much for your help, and your v well commented VBA code! It works, now all I need to do is work out how!

I think I'm steadily realising that VBA can't be avoided if you really want Access to do what you want!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom