Relationships between table - 3 fields in 1 table related to another same table (1 Viewer)

laiching

Local time
Today, 12:16
Hi,

I have a table which have 3 columns - peoples' id. They are in 3 columns, as each column is one kind of department. e.g HR, SALES, TECHNICAL. Each row of data is referring to each project. All people's ids are in 1 single table containing the key id and their names. When I set the relationship between 2 tables. It only allows me to link 1 time, but I have 3 fields needed to link to the PEOPLE table. What can I do?

jdraw

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 13:16
Create a lookup table Department with DeptId, DeptName and relate it to your current tables.

laiching

Local time
Today, 12:16
Thanks for response. I finally found out how to do it. I need to do totally 4 queries. The 1st query to get the relationship between project id and one department. 2nd query to combine the 1st query and the 2nd dept. The 3rd query combine the 2nd query and the 3rd dept. The 4th query to combine the 3rd query and the rest of the columns of the project table. Unless, someone can tell me a more easier way!:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom