Corrupt Database (1 Viewer)

geno

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 14:10
Hi,

I'm having quite a bit of trouble with this database getting corrupted. I'm getting different errors, database put in a state that you can't access, can't find bookmark etc..losing data. This just started a week ago, I've recovered all the objects. I went through all the data and removed bad records then split the database to a back end and front end. I thought that this was solved until a day later and the same thing happens. I moved everything from access 2003 to 2010, worked for a while then the same thing starts again. This database has been used for seven years with no problems. Any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks

PNGBill

Win10 Office Pro 2016
Local time
Tomorrow, 03:10
Have done a Compile in vba ? Maybe some code has gone ^%#@

Galaxiom

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Tomorrow, 01:10
If the backend data is getting corrupted you may have a network connectivity issue.

geno

Registered User.
Local time
I've decompiled then compiled and did a compact and repair, didn't help.
I thought that it may be an network connection but don't know how to test to see if that is the problem or not. Maybe if I just use the database only on the computer it resides on for a while to see if the errors persist. Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks

PNGBill

Win10 Office Pro 2016
Local time
Using the database front end and back end on the same pc should indicate if a network connection is a possibility.

Is your network LAN ?

If your backend is on a fileserver do all users have the proper permissions ?

geno

Registered User.
Local time
Hi,

Permissions are OK. I will test today with just using the db on the computer it resides on. Will let you know how it goes.

Thanks

geno

Registered User.
Local time
I did test the network theory by only running the db on a single computer and there were no problems the whole day. At least the problem is pin pointed now.

Thanks for you input.

PNGBill

Win10 Office Pro 2016
Local time
We had issues with a Linux Server (network errors for access only) and resolved this by putting the backend on a windows pc. No errors in many years since then.
I am not saying don't use a Linux Server. Just we resolved our issue by keeping everything in Windows.

Any new installation and I would try Linux again.

Galaxiom

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Check that all the network leads are rated Cat5e at least. (The "e" stands for Enhanced).

If your network hardware is running at the Gigabit spec then a standard cat5 cable can cause trouble. The hardware is supposed to determine the capacity but it is possible to have a marginal cat5 lead.

Galaxiom

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Since neither php nor jsp are databases I would think neither.;)

Rephrasing your question as wanting build a database interactive web site then personally I would use php rather than anything that uses Java.

The nature of your question does suggest you will be facing a huge learning curve to code this yourself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom