Question Database connection in excel to get data from password protected Access database (1 Viewer)

AccessToAcess

Local time
Today, 22:13
First of all: I'm a swedish Access (and database) beginner and I use a swedish version of Access 2010 so my terminology/english might not be accurate. But I hope it's not to difficult to understand what I'm talking about.

This is my problem:
I have split my database in Front End och Back End, and both are password protected. The Front End has been converted to ACCDE.
When I try to import to Excel from Front End and/or Back End using database connections I receive a message telling me that I am using an invalid password (even though I use the same password when I encrypt/decrypt FE and BE). I've tried using Access import, ODBC and Microsoft Query. (In some cases I 'm also prompted to set a username, which I do not know which it should be since I haven't set one in my database (except the automatic "admin"))

How do I go about to make this work?

JLCantara

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 13:13
I don't understand why you need to import data but anyway, this sounds like WorkGroup problem. MS pretends that after Access 97, WorkGroups are obsolete - run Access 97 fully protected app and judge for yourself...

Anyway, make sure you're on the proper WorkGroup or import it from the original PC.

Bra patienten,
JLCantara.

AccessToAcess

Local time
Today, 22:13
Thanks for replying, unfortunately I don't understand what you're saying...
I'm using Access 2010, I'm on the original (my own) PC. If you are referring to workgroups as in Access user level security - from what I have read I don't have that since my database is in one of the new fileformats. Or are you referring to something other than that?

"Bra patienten" - what does that mean?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom