Dynamic Image on Report (1 Viewer)

michaeljryan78

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 06:03
I have a report that has InvoiceLogo (full path to image on network) and logo ID on the reports recordsource. The Image pulls fine for me, but other users are not able to see the image. I have the UNC path stored in the table and have the unbound image controlsource set to InvoiceLogo. Image is set to visible.

Why would the image be loading for me and not other users on the network? Please Help!

melissa_may1

Registered User.
Local time
Hi!

"Why would the image be loading for me and not other users on the network?"

I'd first go to one of the other user's workstation, and see if you can load the image outside of Access.

The "normal" network issues may be the problem: User does not have a share to the image, user does not have permission for the device/folder/image file.

It may also be that the time to access the image over the network is too long, and it the image is not loading right away, making it look like it's not there at all...

If these things don't work, and there are only two images, I'd be inclined to copy them onto the user's workstation, and eliminate the problem that way...

michaeljryan78

Registered User.
Local time
THe network path, and permissions were not the issue. I had the images as .jpeg and access doesn't natively support that file to be linked (I beieve.) After converting the images to bitmap, the users could see the images. Problem solved.

Thank you for the suggestions. After a bit of googling, and some trial and error, I got this one figured out.

Simon_MT

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 11:03
What version of Access are you using? Converting images to bitmaps is a bit like upgrading your Ford Mustang to a Model T.

Simon

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
Today, 03:03
Access 2007 and above support more than bitmaps.

michaeljryan78

Registered User.
Local time
I am using access 2007... I still don't know why the user couldn't see the .jpegs, but after converting to bitmaps, problem solved...wierd

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom