query sending too much data to chart (1 Viewer)

knzass

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 10:13
i made a chart report using the report wizard,
the chart is based on a query "Qr_Trend_Type"
the fields are"CType" and "Date_Today", both have "group by " in their 'total' fields.

Ctype is the case types,billing,inquiry and technical)
date_today is the date of the case.

the chart generated is grouped by months as their x axis (whereby each month displays all three of the case types), and total of cases is the Y axis,

now i want to create a criteria where the user can choose what months to be displayed... i created a new field in the query " Format([Date_Today],"mm/yy")" with the criteria "Between [Forms]![Fr_Trend]![MonthTrend1] And [Forms]![Fr_Trend]![MonthTrend2]"
i tried this with another chart report/query and it worked out fine..however when a i tried it on this query it says that
The MIcrosoft Jet database engine does not recognize 'Between [Forms]![Fr_Trend]![MonthTrend1]' as a valid field name or expression.
Then..
An error occurred while sending data to the OLE server (The application used to create the object)
*You may have tried to send too much data.If you're creating a chart and the chart is based on a query,modify the query so that it selects less data
*OLE server does not accept th Clipboard format
* reregister OLE
*computer low on memory

i assume the problem here is the "sending too much data" problem..any suggestions on how to "modify" the query?

MrTibbs

Registered User.
Local time
'Between [Forms]![Fr_Trend]![MonthTrend1]' is only the first 1/2 of the between expression from your query above. Check the other half exists in your parameter.
The too much data is probably because with a broken 'between' statement it's trying to report everything.

knzass

Registered User.
Local time
nope no broken statement whatsoever

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom