Can you stop a form adding a record when you press enter? (1 Viewer)

105ben

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 01:32
Hello,

I want to stop access adding a record when im on a form and press enter on the last text box. Or, it empties all the cells if its not a data entry (I think thats all it does)

Is there any way to stop this? I cant see anything in the events properties?

RuralGuy

AWF VIP
Local time
Yesterday, 18:32
I would look at the Cycle property on the Other tab of the form properties sheet. You might also play with the AllowAdditions property on the Data tab.

gemma-the-husky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 01:32
ben

it isn't emptying the data - it is tabbing round to a new record, and saving your current record

as RG said, you can set the cycle property to current record, and stop this - although it does mean you have to actively select to change records with thr navigation bar, or some other way.

access provides a host of useful options to enable users to set stuff up exactly as they need it, for the most part.

mikejaytlabustro

Access Database 2007 PH
Local time
Today, 08:32
If you want to open the form in a new entry mode after the last field had been accomplished, Go to form property>Data Tab>Data Entry: Select Yes...... then to Event Tab>After Update>Macro Builder>Action>Select: Requery

Otherwise if you want to totally close the form..... Action>Select: Close (instead of Requery)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom