Upgrading Access Database from Access 2003 to Access 2010 (1 Viewer)

ladyfrankie

Local time
Today, 16:42
Hello,

I have been recently tasked with migrating the front end of an Access database to Access 2010. This is something I have never done before. The database tables sit in SQL server 2005. As part of the migration I will need to upgrate to SQL Server 2012.

I am aware that a convertion routine needs to be performed converting the mdb file to a .accb file. But are there any other issues that I am likely to come accross as part of this upgrade? Will the underlying code work? Is it best to upgrade from Access 2003 to Access 2007 and then from Access 2007 to Access 2010?

Please point me in the direction of any documentation that is likely to assist in this endeavour. Are there any conversion tools that I can use that may point to potential issues within the database?

Thanks for your help
LadyFrankie

Guus2005

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 17:42
Here's a pointer: http://www.access-programmers.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=186214

Start Access 2010 and open the Access 2003 mdb file. You will be prompted to convert the database to the 2007 format. If not, convert it yourself.

Start Access 2007 or 2010 (doesn't really matter because the database format is the same) start a new database (accdb) and import every object from the original mdb file to this new database.

When you compile the new database solve the error messages. With the above link in mind.

Migrating to SQL Server 2012 shouldn´t be a problem.

HTH:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom