Unparsable Record for "Header" Row (1 Viewer)

kit_sune

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 07:46
I have a saved import that my office will be performing monthly (or more often). We pull a report from another system that comes out in a delimited text file. I prefer to keep the header row in the document - I don't want to force my personnel to remove the header row, but I also want the header row to be available in case we need to import it to Excel or provide it to other users - with no header row they may not be wise enough to figure out what some of the data details.

However I receive the "Unparsable Record" error currently when importing.

Is there a way to prevent the first row from importing to the table so we don't get an error table created?

Code:
Private Sub UsersUD_Button_Click()
Dim Alert
Alert = MsgBox("Have you updated the F9046REP text file?", vbExclamation + vbYesNo, "Confirm Update")
  If Alert = vbNo Then Exit Sub
DoCmd.RunSQL "DELETE * FROM F9046REP_Table"
DoCmd.RunSavedImportExport "F9046REP_IMPORT"
End Sub

Thanks all,

~Kit

Cronk

Registered User.
Local time
Tomorrow, 00:46
When you are setting up your import process, the screen where you select the delimiter has a check box that the first row contains field names and if checked, the first row will not be imported.

kit_sune

Registered User.
Local time
When you are setting up your import process, the screen where you select the delimiter has a check box that the first row contains field names and if checked, the first row will not be imported.

That's what I thought too, but it doesn't want to work. :banghead:

kit_sune

Registered User.
Local time
:D
That's what I thought too, but it doesn't want to work. :banghead:

Ok, I feel dumb!

The report was printing an erroneous character at the very end that couldn't be imported.

Once I deleted this character from the text file it imported smoothly. Thanks.

~Kit

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom