code exists but not executing (1 Viewer)

arage

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 18:22
One thing I’ve found is that if you comment out procedures and then try to run them again by removing comments, the code doesn’t run. Currently I had code in a form that wouldn’t run when I removed its comments. The property sheet didn’t update the property w/event procedure when the comments were gone. And even with event procedure in the property sheet the code is not responding, whereas before any comments were applied initially, everything was fine.

Has anyone had such difficulty before?
Thanks!

Talismanic

Registered User.
Local time
Hmmmmm, arage I often comment out procedures when I am trying to figure the best way to code an event and I have never had that problem.

However, I am using A97 and I think the code window and how it updates the code is slightly different then it is in A2K.

Anybody?

BarkerD

Registered User.
Local time
I've had this problem occasionally.

Try deleting the Event procedure call in the properties box, and then use the code builder to have Access reset the code link.

The only other reason I have had this happen was when I changed the control name, and forgot to modify the Procedure. DOH!!

HTH
Duane Barker

[This message has been edited by BarkerD (edited 01-29-2001).]

arage

Registered User.
Local time
Rich: yeah, i did

i've currently been going by Duanes method of refreshing links to the procedure, god i hate that sometimes

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom