Auto Filling an order checkbox based on whether order details have been ticked. (1 Viewer)

Chill

Local time
Tomorrow, 01:19
Greetings!

I've come up against a wall in the process of designing a new database,
I have a table of jobs (Job list), and a table (Job Details) that lists individual products for each Job.
Each entry in Job details has a box to be checked when completed.

I'm trying to autofill a checkbox in table 'Job list' based on whether the relevant Job products have been ticked.
Am I going about this the wrong way?

Any help on this one would be very muchly appreciated.

Caleb

Galaxiom

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
You should avoid storing calculated data in a table. Every time you need to know if the JobList is complete you should determine if the all the associated JobDetails records have been ticked.

As a rule, no piece of information in a database should be stored in more than one way otherwise it is possible for them to conflict.

Chill

Local time
You should avoid storing calculated data in a table. Every time you need to know if the JobList is complete you should determine if the all the associated JobDetails records have been ticked.

As a rule, no piece of information in a database should be stored in more than one way otherwise it is possible for them to conflict.

Thanks for the reply Galaxiom.

I imagine a function in the field criteria of the Joblist query would be the go then.
I still unsure how to make this dependent on when each job detail has been ticked however. It's not practical to check manually each time.
Any advice on that?

I know my way around basic VBA etc, but I'm no expert haha.

Last edited:

Galaxiom

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
It can be done in a subquery. A very, very basic example is attached.

Attachments

• subquery.zip
    11.8 KB · Views: 122

Chill

Local time
Exactly what i was looking for, a Select statement like that should do the trick.
Thanks mate, you're a Champion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom