Adding Records to a table (1 Viewer)

ciao

Local time
Today, 16:59
I'm having a problem adding some records to a table. I have pass a recordset to a subroutine which then finds which codes are included in a field of this recordset. I have if then statements that are checking this. Based on wether the code exists or not, I need to add some information from a tabel called zzz AutoMerge Letters to a table called zzz AutoMerge TEMP I am trying to do this with docmd.runsql, but it doesn't seem to be working. Here is the code:

DoCmd.RunSQL ("INSERT INTO [zzz AutoMerge TEMP] SELECT [zzz AutoMerge Letters].* FROM [zzz AutoMerge Letters] WHERE ((([zzz AutoMerge Letters].Related)='9M') AND (([zzz AutoMerge Letters].Language)="" & Lingua & ""));")

9M is the code that I am looking for. And the lingua is the language the letter is in. Lingua is a global that is assigned earlier in the code. As I have stepped through this code the if then statements work fine, the language variable is working fine also. I cannot find the problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks from Italy.

David R

I know a few things...
Local time
Today, 10:59
My understanding is that you cannot pass a global variable directly into SQL from VBA. Instead create a function which returns the value of your global variable.

ciao

Local time
Today, 16:59
I found that if I use three sets of quotation marks everything works fine.

i.e. )=""" & Lingua & """));")

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 11:59
Now that you've figured out the problem, here's a suggestion to help you with future ones - put the SQL into a string first. That way if it doesn't work, you can print the string in the debug window to examine it or copy it into the query window to test it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom