Force data series to keep the same colours even when no data for a series (1 Viewer)

Poco_90

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 00:47
First of all, apologies if I am posting in the wrong section. I am not sure if this is a report, VB or query question.

I have a database that track projects. Each quarter I have to generate a bar chart showing total number of projects at each stage (there are 5 stages). Then I have to break down these totals for the 3 different departments/groups. I can accomplish this, but if a series is null the colours don't stay the same.

If you look at the attached picture(capture.png) you will see what I mean. In the top chart stage two is yellow and because there is no stage 2 data in the bottom chart stage 3 becomes yellow.

I have had some success with TRANSFORM CLng(Nz(Count(*),0)) AS [Count] forcing 0 to be shown for null values, but my issue with this is I have to show the series value in the data label of the chart. So 0 appears in the middle of the two series see capture2.png. Anyone have any ideas on how to force the colours to stay the same?

Thank in advance,
Poco

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    12.4 KB · Views: 102
  • Capture2.PNG
    Capture2.PNG
    5.5 KB · Views: 104
Last edited:

JHB

Have been here a while
Local time
Today, 01:47
I've made a solution for another member with the same problem as you, maybe you can get some ideas from the attached database.
If you use it in a report, then you must show the report in "Print Preview"!

Attachments

• ChangeColourOnColumn_Grahp[1].mdb
    388 KB · Views: 94

Poco_90

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 00:47
Hi JHB,
Thank you for your help (again) and quick response. The example, it's a great help.
Regards,
Poco

JHB

Have been here a while
Local time
Today, 01:47
You're welcome - good luck with it. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom