Linking MySQL (1 Viewer)

humpydumpy

Local time
Today, 08:54
hi all, I've found this link master from: sixhatsolutions.com/link-master.htm very helpful in linking SQL server dsn-less. However there are pains in developing access solution with SQL server that I still opt to use MySQL as my preferred database back end.

I'd like to solicit some help is there anyone out there who can modify the code in order for this to connect to mysql or mariadb database?

Thanks in advance.

sixhatsolutions.com/Link%20Master%20Open%20Source(dot)zip

humpydumpy

Local time
hi there, yes I've tried but in vain I failed. Can you please examine the code because it is not working just by replacing the connection strings..
thanks again.

btw I am using mariadb 10

Galaxiom

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Tomorrow, 02:54
Can you please examine the code because it is not working just by replacing the connection strings..
thanks again.

Sorry I don't know anything about MySQL. ODBC linking is supposed to translate so in theory it shouldn't make any difference.

However there are pains in developing access solution with SQL server that I still opt to use MySQL as my preferred database back end.

You don't seem to be having much luck with MySQL either so why would you prefer it? I have never had any serious problems with MS SQL Server. I'm lucky enough to have the full version of 2014 where I work and I find it absolutely brilliant.

humpydumpy

Local time
MySQL is easy to install, share and link using dsn odbc as backend of MS Access.
Whereas it took me sometime before I learned the complexities of MSSQL and choosing the right version for my computer and sharing it over LAN is not so straightforward.

I have already learned DDL syntax and manage MySQL database without much effort. That's why I am much more interested on how to modify the code because I have been distributing my front ends across LAN with mySQL using odbc. There is still some problem sharing MSSQL over LAN plus on top of modifying vba code because everything is not working well with MSSQL compared to msql or msaccess as front end :)

Galaxiom

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Tomorrow, 02:54
There is still some problem sharing MSSQL over LAN plus on top of modifying vba code because everything is not working well with MSSQL compared to msql or msaccess as front end :)

Linking SQL Server tables via ODBC is exactly the same as linking any other database table by ODBC.

Can you give an example of the problems you experienced?

humpydumpy

Local time
It is strange that I already created outbound rules (firewall) I am not able to connect to local MSSQL on other computer.:(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom