insert report within a form access 2007 (1 Viewer)

jysharp2003

Local time
Today, 13:15
Hi all,
I have a form below (Emp Scheduling tool) that would really look good if a schedule (currently in report format) could be embedded to the side. I did get a static image of the report but was hoping that it could be displaying current schedule records. Read only and users would click a link to open the report for schedule printing. My attempt with this requires a reference to be added so when users download (not savvy computer users) it requires them to go VB and add Adobe reference......not a good solution for us.
No posts in UTTER and very little on web.
Any ideas experts?

Attachments

• static_report.jpg
    static_report.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 69
  • static_report1.jpg
    static_report1.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 68

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 11:15
Hi. Rather than use an OLE control, try using a subreport control.

jysharp2003

Local time
Hi DBguy, Thanks for the time. Can you post the steps for your recommendation above please?

June7

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 10:15
Same as using a form as subform. Use a subform/subreport container control and set its SourceObject property to the report.

jysharp2003

Local time
I heard a bit that starting Access 2010 allows report for drag and drop of report to form. My app is a scheduler so having the clean report for display (being dynamic up to date too) would be valued.
For now only the button and pop up allows my clean report for display and the sub form option not really good.
Come back if you have a version 2007 trick though :)

Attachments

• report vs added form.jpg
    report vs added form.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 52

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom