VBA Email validation (1 Viewer)

Hello1

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 14:26
Is there a way to use a website like Verifalia but directly in VBA code so it checks if the Email is active/valid and everything else it can check?
Something like WinHttpRequest object for URL check?
I did find the
Code:
"vbscript.regexp" and
.Pattern = "^([a-z0-9,!#\$%&'\*\+/=\?\^_`\{\|}~-]+(\.[a-z0-9,!#\$%&'\*\+/=\?\^_`\{\|}~-]+)*@[a-z0-9-]+(\.[a-z0-9-]+)*\.([a-z]{2,})){1}(;[a-z0-9,!#\$%&'\*\+/=\?\^_`\{\|}~-]+(\.[a-z0-9,!#\$%&'\*\+/=\?\^_`\{\|}~-]+)*@[a-z0-9-]+(\.[a-z0-9-]+)*\.([a-z]{2,}))*$"

but it only checks if the email text is correct, I want also to know if the email is active and a mail can be delivered to it.

Thanks!

June7

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 03:26
According to their website, Verifalia has an API. Although, VBA is not listed as supported language. If you are a subscriber, they should be able to guide you.

Otherwise, I think you will only learn that if you get delivery failure email.

Hello1

Registered User.
Local time
Yup through Outlook I get it in the inbox but not really what I want.
I would like to write some code which would check if the email is active when the user enters an email for a customer, if not, then to put a msg box that the email is either wrong or not active or sth similar.

Hello1

Registered User.
Local time
Yeah I saw that many have API but no idea how to implement that, Im researching :D

Edit: I dont need to do many checks, maximum 200 per month maybe. Saw somewhere that they offer for free up to 1000 email checks per month.

Edit: I found this but doesnt seem to work VB6 - Validate Email Address Syntax and Test Email Address

Last edited:

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 04:26
Is there a way to use a website like Verifalia but directly in VBA code so it checks if the Email is active/valid and everything else it can check?
Something like WinHttpRequest object for URL check?
I did find the
Code:
"vbscript.regexp" and
.Pattern = "^([a-z0-9,!#\$%&'\*\+/=\?\^_`\{\|}~-]+(\.[a-z0-9,!#\$%&'\*\+/=\?\^_`\{\|}~-]+)*@[a-z0-9-]+(\.[a-z0-9-]+)*\.([a-z]{2,})){1}(;[a-z0-9,!#\$%&'\*\+/=\?\^_`\{\|}~-]+(\.[a-z0-9,!#\$%&'\*\+/=\?\^_`\{\|}~-]+)*@[a-z0-9-]+(\.[a-z0-9-]+)*\.([a-z]{2,}))*$"

but it only checks if the email text is correct, I want also to know if the email is active and a mail can be delivered to it.

Thanks!
Hi. Whenever I need to connect to a web service, I use this HttpRequestClass. Hope it helps...

FrederikLuski

Local time
Today, 13:26
They also have an API.
> 3 000 000 per month maybe. That came from
Code:
<a href="mailtester.ninja">MailTester Ninja</a>
I thinks I will try to manage it with their free REST API first 1 check/mn

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time