A set location for the Report summary (1 Viewer)

dcavaiani

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 02:01
i think the trick will be to use your report page footer. You will put in your lines there since it is normally 0 height. Count the number of matching records when you open the report (so you'll know how tall to make it on the last page) and keep a running total in the report's details. Once you are on the last record, set the report page footer and your vertical line's height based on the number lines you have for that (last) page.

The fun part is counting it all. Got kinda busy so i can't do it at the moment, but if i get some time a little later i'll see what i can whip up.

yikes !!!

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 00:01
This has to work in Print Preview/Print. I did not see anything different?
Hmm, are you saying when you "preview" the report, you don't see the line on the left goes all the way down to the footer? I can't print it (don't have a printer), but if it works on preview, it should work on print as well.

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Here's what it looks like when I open it in "Print Preview."

Attachments

• preview.PNG
    preview.PNG
    44.8 KB · Views: 210

dcavaiani

Registered User.
Local time
Hmm, are you saying when you "preview" the report, you don't see the line on the left goes all the way down to the footer? I can't print it (don't have a printer), but if it works on preview, it should work on print as well.

NO, I DO SEE IT NOW!! Nicely done! What do I do get the other vertical grid line to show too ?? Thanks !!

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
NO, I DO SEE IT NOW!! Nicely done! What do I do get the other vertical grid line to show too ?? Thanks !!
Hi. Okay, that's good. To be clear, what I did was draw the line using code. You can examine what I did and see if you can add the other lines the same way I did. Let us know if you get stuck, and we'll help you out. Cheers!

dcavaiani

Registered User.
Local time
There is an issue if there is more than 1 page - not working correctly.

Mark_

Longboard on the internet
Local time
The last time I had to do something like this, I simply had the image of a form for the background so I didn't have to worry about lines printing or not. Had the same header/footer for all pages so I didn't have to worry about different sizes.

dcavaiani

Registered User.
Local time
The last time I had to do something like this, I simply had the image of a form for the background so I didn't have to worry about lines printing or not. Had the same header/footer for all pages so I didn't have to worry about different sizes.

Where exactly where wud I code the image reference and how should the image be saved and loaded and referenced ..

dcavaiani

Registered User.
Local time
What is the issue? Can you provide a new sample db with a multipage report?

Just copy and paste some more records into the Table - until it goes to multiple pages ... And try again ...

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Just copy and paste some more records into the Table - until it goes to multiple pages ... And try again ...
Too late, I wish I had thought of that. Okay, I hope this is what you meant...

Attachments

• forumPost.zip
    59.4 KB · Views: 116

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Did U modify the logic? This looks like it worked very well - even on multiple pages !!
Yes, I did. Basically, I made it so it starts somewhere in the middle of the page on page 1 and then start at the top of the page after that.

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
I can't say for sure, BUT, I believe you have NAILED this down COMPLETELY now!!!
Hi. Thanks! Let us know how it goes, and we'll help you if you get stuck. Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom