Sorting records on a form with another form (1 Viewer)

littlecool

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 01:09
Hello,
I'm looking to make a form that will allow me to sort records in another form. I want to be able to limit the records viewed by a date range that the user can choose, as well as by area and team (fields on the main form), hit a "go" button, and the main form to open up with the user selected criteria active. How can I achieve this?

Thank you,

LC

littlecool

Registered User.
Local time
Unfortunately a sub form won't work due to the amount of information the main form provides. I don't mind coding, I'm just not sure what that would look like.

bob fitz

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 05:09
Unfortunately a sub form won't work due to the amount of information the main form provides. I don't mind coding, I'm just not sure what that would look like.
1) How is your "Main" form displayed (Single Form, Datasheet or Continuous)?
2) Please explain why the amount of information on the main form prevent it from being shown as a subform on a form used to get the criteria?

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
Today, 00:09
little,

ur question was asked just a couple days ago. I provided the following example to the other guy. this is done with query input parameters, but it doesn't take much code to change it to what you want...

Attachments

• example criteria pop up form.accdb
    608 KB · Views: 73

littlecool

Registered User.
Local time
Bob, my form is in Single form. My main form is a logbook for maintenance items, which includes a subform already. There's no more room on the screen for it, and I don't want to enable scrolling to have to scroll.

MajP

You've got your good things, and you've got mine.
Local time
This is my basic go to for filter and sort design. Two versions. One is the filter and sort controls on the form, the other uses a pop up.

Attachments

• MajP SimpleSearch.accdb
    748 KB · Views: 71

MajP

You've got your good things, and you've got mine.
Local time
Here is a minor update to show a simple way to get a Sort from the popup as well

Attachments

• MajP SimpleSearch V2.accdb
    756 KB · Views: 72

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom