Chip Pearson's website (1 Viewer)

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 08:36
As many of you will know Chip died in April 2018.
He ran an excellent website for Excel and VBA at http://www.cpearson.com/

Unfortunately, the site has recently gone down though archived pages can still be found at the Wayback Machine Internet archive website.

Hopefully someone will take on the costs of running this site as a permanent tribute to Chip. In the meantime those of you (such as jdraw) with links to Chip's site may wish to review those links

MajP

You've got your good things, and you've got mine.
Local time
Today, 03:36
If you have any questions about using Arrays in VBA his plethora of array functions is invaluable.

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
Today, 02:36
Colin,

I visited his website quite a few times but I never knew him nor talked to him. Was he an older gentleman, or did he pass on premeteurly?

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Chip died quite young following a car accident

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
Today, 02:36
Chip died quite young following a car accident
there seems to have been a lot of that happening in the past and lately. Sam Kinison, Anton Yelchin, Paul Walker, Randy Savage, Princess Diana, etc...

seems to be an epidemic.

sonic8

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 09:36
[...] http://www.cpearson.com/
[...]
Hopefully someone will take on the costs of running this site as a permanent tribute to Chip. In the meantime those of you (such as jdraw) with links to Chip's site may wish to review those links
There were some previous attempts in that regard.

Greg Truby of MrExcel contacted Chip's parents and convinced them to put the site online again in 2018. It seems something happened recently causing the site to go offline. I suggest you contact Greg and ask him if he knows what's going on.

If it is a matter of paying the hosting cost, I'm happy to contribute to the upkeep of the site.

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
If it is a matter of paying the hosting cost, I'm happy to contribute to the upkeep of the site.

As would l. Is it possible to copy his Web Pages to another site as long as permissions were granted. In other words if CodeCabinet or Mendip were willing to annex the pages and still give Chip his due, is that possible? Sort of like what Pbaldy has done with ChrisO's files...

sonic8

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 09:36
As would l. Is it possible to copy his Web Pages to another site as long as permissions were granted. In other words if CodeCabinet or Mendip were willing to annex the pages and still give Chip his due, is that possible? Sort of like what Pbaldy has done with ChrisO's files...
Well, it would be possible. However, ...

I knew Chip only from a few brief online conversations. I feel, someone from the Excel community, who knew him closely, should be directing this sort of operation.

This is not primarily a technical matter. Legally the copyright of content created by Chip now belongs to his heirs. They need to be involved in any decision in that regard. This must be done in a gentle way, preferably by someone they know and trust, to cause as little grief as possible by bringing up the matter of Chip's legacy.

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
I also agree completely that it should be dealt with by someone from the Excel community but would also be willing to contribute.

Phillip
As it appears you know Greg, at least slightly, would you mind letting him know that the site is no longer available, just in case he isn't already aware.

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
I held my nose and registered on Mr. Excel. Greg Truby is aware and "Working on it"

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
For the record, he was already working the issue; my registering had no impact at all...

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Well that's spoiled my illusion of how much influence you had as a new member ;)
Anyway, thanks for following up. Its good to know that its being looked into.

moke123

AWF VIP
Local time
Very sad it appears that most of Chips direct family have passed, His father and 2 siblings. It appears his mother still lives in the family home. It also appears Chip was unmarried so any rights to content may have passed to her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom