Attachments

• ex - Copy.accdb
    480 KB · Views: 70

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 06:32
Hi. I'm afraid I don't understand your question. Can you post an Excel mockup of what you're trying to do? Thanks.

plog

Banishment Pending
Local time
Today, 08:32
You don't DLookup in queries. You use JOIN keyword:

https://www.w3schools.com/sql/sql_join.asp

Simply bring sum into data Query, link approriately, add appropriate criteria and then you can just bring down sumofCount into the query.

plog

Banishment Pending
Local time
Today, 08:32
Looking at your database further, I suggest you use correct data types. data.code is Short Text but contains all numerical data. data.fin_years is Short Text but might be more approriately be numeric or an actual Date/Time which holds the first date of the year. If you do that you can use simple math or common functions to determine prior and next years. With Short Text you will have a hard time comparing 2 consecutive years data.

hatmak

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 06:32
thanks for all your reply

I found the answer

DLookUp("sumofCount", "sum", "[code1]='" &
Code:
 & "' And [fin_years]='" & [fin_year] & "'")

regards

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 14:32
As originally stated by plog, you shouldn't use DLookup in queries as it will cause the query to run slowly on a large dataset.
A much more efficient approach is to join the data table and sum query as shown below

Code:
SELECT data.code, data.count, data.fin_year, sum.SumOfcount
FROM data INNER JOIN [sum] ON (data.fin_year = sum.fin_years) AND (data.code = sum.code1);

BTW you shouldn't use code, count, sum as field or object names as they are reserved words in Access

EDIT Crossposted at https://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=79183 where june7 provided the Dlookup expression for the OP.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom