database (1 Viewer)

prisescamilla

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 21:23
Hello,

I want to create a database on access. This database would be a table with list of materials with their qty, id, description, uom, and unit price. These materials are materials my company buys very often. So my plan is to then create a searchable list for this materials. I have achieved the above. However, I have had no luck on the following; I would want to select multiple materials at the same time and when I click on those materials they automatically go to another form that I have created which is just a purchase order template. In this template I have added a list where I want for the selected items in the searchable list to go to when i click on them. any advice??????

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 21:23
Hi. The best way to get appropriate advice specific to your particular needs is to post a small copy of your db with test data.

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
Yesterday, 23:23
pris,

I'm not sure people take to kindly to you starting this thread all over again when you and others already went through all this in your previous thread: https://www.access-programmers.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=308598

Did you not get what you needed in that other thread? If you didn't see, moke actually got you started with a redesign and it looks like he put forth quite an effort to give you some good stuff for free. I'm not sure dbGuy is aware of this.

Dreamweaver

Local time
Today, 05:23
You will need to get the two forms working together I did it with functions so that when you select An item from the stock shorts it adds the item to the purchase order.

There are a number of ways of doing this but they all work.

To do what I did Open the purchase order form have a button on said form to open shorts form when you select a short you will need to give it the number required etc, Create a new details record in the purchase order item then send it the data like product number Etc

You you should be able to ref a subform by Forms!MainForm!Subform!Fieldonsubform

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom