Select report fields (1 Viewer)

brp

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 06:19
I have created a report like [rogersaccesslibrary.com/download3.asp?SampleName=ChooseReportFields.mdb]. In this sample, report fields are selected by a combox. But I want to load the listbox from a specified table fields on form load to select report fields instead of combo selection.

Any help would be highly appreciated.

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
Today, 08:19
I have created a report like [rogersaccesslibrary.com/download3.asp?SampleName=ChooseReportFields.mdb].
if that's the *actual* name of the report you need to change it! that's totally outside the naming convention of any object in an access database, not to mention it would probably throw an error in the windows explorer as well for being too long. if that's *not* a name of a report but rather an actual URL that points to a downloadable file, you should change it to point to a .zip archive instead of an .mdb file. but in reality, what it looks like is that you might be a little confused between the purpose of a combo box, a list box, and fields on a report. can you give any better insight with regard to what you actually want to see as the *result* after you get done doing all this "loading of list boxes and selecting of fields" that you're talking about?

jdraw

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 09:19
brp,

Check this thread and the PBaldy links within for examples of list box multiselect. The Rogers example is Access97 and I can not open it.
Good luck.

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Today, 14:19
Can you not put the code for the adter_update of the combo into the form load event and amend to suit.?
That will limit you to only one source though.?

For the benefit of others here is it as an accdb.

@vba_php
Shame on you, not being able to recognise a url, and you being a php developer and all. :eek:

Attachments

• ChooseReportFields.accdb
    536 KB · Views: 89

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
Today, 08:19
@vba_php
Shame on you, not being able to recognise a url, and you being a php developer and all. :eek:
hmmmm....joke or no joke there hard to tell. maybe I should've mentioned the phrase "query string" in my previous post? by the way, can you ditch the username and use 'Adam' instead?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom