Append Query to 2 tables (1 Viewer)

Lochwood

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 15:41
I am looking to append to 2 tables based on data from an existing record. Due to the amount of fields i have had to spread data over 2 tables Table_1 and Table_1_Cont. Table_1_Cont is populated via a subform linked By ID to the mainform so when data from Mainform gets populated to table_1, data then gets continued via the subform to table_1_Cont.

I am trying to create an append query or queries that can populate these 2 tables.

E:G ID 560 has data i would like in the new records. I have a button that runs an append query based on the current ID data and appends to a new record called say ID561 on table_1 but how can i get the same data from ID 560 on Table_1_Cont to update to the same table as ID 561? this field is usually populated by the subform when data is input manually.

Hope this makes sense.

Lochwood

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 15:41
yeh did think of this. table_1_ID is autonumber and table_1_Cont is not. so when table_1 creates the ID how do i get table_1_Cont to populate the ID field with the newly appointed ID but take the data from the copied ID.

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Today, 23:41
Re:- >>> Due to the amount of fields i have had to spread data over 2 tables <<<

In there lies your problem! 99 times out of 100 this is an indication of a poorly designed database. I suggest you explain your business scenario, giving a description of the tables and fields there in, And the data you are entering and the data you want to extract.. There are many people here that have guided people on the basic structure of their databases and I'm sure between us, we can get you in a position where you can make progress in the correct Manner

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom