Sample/template database for small business accounting (1 Viewer)

lbs

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 02:53
Hi
I am searching this thread for a sample/template database for small business accounting. Does anyone know if it’s possible at all?

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 02:53
@lbs
I've moved this post from the Sample Databases area which is moderated.
That forum is a place for members to place example databases which may be useful/interesting to other members. It is NOT for asking questions
Thanks

Micron

AWF VIP
Local time
Yesterday, 21:53
You might find a schema that fits your end goals here.

http://www.databaseanswers.org/data_models/

Not sure what exactly you're looking for but you'll find various financial-type schemas under different headings.
Adam, that sort of help remind me of the story about the guy who's crawling through the desert nearly dying of thirst. He comes across a man at an oasis who says he has no water to spare but offers to sell him a tie. Surely you've heard that one?

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
Yesterday, 20:53
Adam, that sort of help remind me of the story about the guy who's crawling through the desert nearly dying of thirst. He comes across a man at an oasis who says he has no water to spare but offers to sell him a tie. Surely you've heard that one?
I think I have actually. But IMO sir, there's nothing wrong with providing very insightful links that the questions asker does not necessarily know about. It blows me away how so many people, even in the technology world, still in this day in age do not know how to use google's algorithm to their advantage. I meet many people in every day life over here in Iowa City that can't perform an effective google search to save their damn life.

Micron

AWF VIP
Local time
I'd hardly call posting a link that generates a list, a list which is predicated on your browsing habits and not that of the OP, as insightful. If you want to provide helpful links, try creating some useful bookmarks of your own as a start. Anyone can do what you did as a means of help. If you feel like pointing out that someone is too lazy or incompetent to search on their own, I think it would be best if you just hit your browser back button and choose another post from the forum list.

My apologies to lbs.

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
Yesterday, 20:53
If you feel like pointing out that someone is too lazy or incompetent to search on their own, I think it would be best if you just hit your browser back button and choose another post from the forum list.
yet another instance around here of misinterpretation. seems to proliferate. the point is...to illustrate *how* to use google to your own advantage. If the question asker already knows how to do it, then fine. but I've yet to get one complaint from a question asker on this forum regarding my posting of a google search. Unless of course you were included in that list, Micron ;) this will be my last here. good luck to you guys.

MajP

You've got your good things, and you've got mine.
Local time
I am with Adam on this one. The AWF search feature and organisation is is not the best. No way to easily manage your faqs and threads. Managing your favorite threads so that you can reference them is a total pain. This has been previously addressed. Sometimes simply telling people to Google this string will provide videos and examples far beyond what a single person can provide. Maybe just start the thread with
"I would try Googling the terms 'Access Blah Blah' you will find a lot of good resources and videos" instead of posting a direct link. I did the same thing once, and you would have thought a suffocated a cat on the internet. The funny thing was the OP thanked me while everyone else was appalled.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom