Print Reports From A Reports Table (1 Viewer)

access2010

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 02:59
Hello.

I would Like to Use A Form with a Combo Box listing of 10 reports.

Can I choose a report from the list of 10 and then print the one report that I have chosen, with the forms Criteria of;
Accounting Year (using a combo box) or Fiscal Year (using a combo box)

Thank you
Nicole

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
Today, 04:59
yes you can Nicole. you can actually write an SQL statement in the rowsource property of the combo box that looks at the system table which lists the user-created objects. once you do that, you can put a button on your form and write something similar to this behind it:
Code:
docmd.openreport me.ComboBoxThatListsTheReportNames, , , [accounting year field] = " & me.CriteriaComboBoxName

plog

Banishment Pending
Local time
'Can I ...' questions are generally best answered by you trying said thing. Then when you run into some specific thing you need help with in accomplishing the overal goal you post a specific question.

So the answer to your question is yes. Now, have you tried anything and what issues are you having?

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Hi Nicole. Not only you can do this, there's plenty of options available. For example you can include the name of the report and the criteria expression in your combobox, to maybe help simplify the code to open the selected report.

access2010

Registered User.
Local time
plog, theDBguy, vba_php

Thank you and so far your suggestions seem to be working.

Nicole

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
what a wonderful collaborative effort. :D (oops, I'm not supposed to be posting anymore for a while. sorry about this little mishap!)

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
plog, theDBguy, vba_php

Thank you and so far your suggestions seem to be working.

Nicole

Hi Nicole. Glad to hear you got it working. We were all happy to assist. Good luck with your project.

access2010

Registered User.
Local time
theDBguy
We are very fortunate that the Government keeps requiring reports, otherwise we would not have come up with idea to print reports with similar criteria, such as Accounting Year, using a table source.

Nicole

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom