This annoys me... (1 Viewer)

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Today, 14:15
There is something on this site that has always bugged me. It is when the page renders, the main section expands to the full screen width. Then, at the last second, the right column appears and pushes the main section across.

Does anyone else get this and does it annoy you?

moke123

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 10:15
It does but its not annoying. The pages load so fast now that its not really that noticeable.

Edit:
Although now that you pointed it out . . .

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Jon,

Never noticed TBH.

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Yes to both questions. I find it doesn't always correct itself so remains too wide losing the items on the right side

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
page loads fast, so not an issue for me - performance a lot better now (in all respects) by the way

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 09:15
I have also noticed this and, as Colin reported, I too must report that sometimes that automatic adjustment doesn't happen. In case it becomes significant, I'm using Firefox, latest version thereof and automatically updating as available, on Win10.

Micron

AWF VIP
Local time
I tried a few new links from the list and a few that I've already visited in case caching has anything to do with it. The page load is light speed now, so if it's doing it to me, it's so fast that I can't see it happening. I'll keep an eye out for it. This might be based on things you cannot control, such as download speeds, browser type, browser version, etc. Maybe those who notice it could post some of those details to help you?

MajP

You've got your good things, and you've got mine.
Local time
I would not have noticed until someone said something. For me on Chrome it is a fraction of a second.

June7

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 06:15
Only annoying on rare occasion does not adjust, which hasn't happened to me for quite a while.

I find it more annoying that pages open full screen. Didn't use to. Something changed with a software update, either Windows or browser.

Last edited:

Lightwave

Ad astra
Local time
Doesn't annoy me but I do notice it. I wouldn't choose it if it could be removed.

jdraw

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
I agree with CJ's comment above #5 --it loads fast and isn't an issue.
I haven't seen the screen expand to the right where characters are "lost" for a while --not with the new set up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom