Can't get into back end (1 Viewer)

PaulJK

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 13:52
Apologise if I am missing anything basic.

We have a database split; front end & back end. One the moment there is only one front end. Distribution will commence once some changes have been made.

I need to add a field to a table. I presumed I would need to add this to the back end rather than the front end.

When I went to the server I cannot open the back end. It says I do not have permissions. The correct workgroup file is being used. I am baffled.

What have I missed!

Autoeng

Why me?
Local time
Today, 08:52
Unless you specifically applied security to the backend there isn't any security there and you do not need to access the backend via the workgroup file. If you applied Security to the backend then you will need to use the workgroup created specifically for it (which may not be the same as the front end work group).

Autoeng

vandewi

Local time
Today, 08:52
You will have to experiment with your workgroups until you find the correct one to use with your backend. Try to retrace your steps when you created it. Did you set up security on the back end? If so, what workgroup were you using at the time?

Once you have successfully logged into the back end, you will not be able to add your new field if any users are currently using the table that you want to edit. It is the easiest approach to do all of your back end changes when there is nobody logged into the back end. You can tell that someone is in if there is a LDB extension for the back end. You can doulbe click the LDB file and open it with notepad to see who is using the DB.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom