How to link a report to the current record in a form and print only that record (1 Viewer)

F

floridayst

Please Help!! I have created a form that displays multiple results from an underlying query. I am trying to figure out how to link these query results to a report and only VIEW and PRINT the CURRENT RECORD from the query, not all of the results.

In other words, when I go to print the report from this query results form, it prints all of the records. I want to be able to select one of the records from the query results form and print only this record in report form.

Any Suggestions?? Thanks for the help.

AdamH

Local time
Today, 15:33
You have to refence a field on the form in the criteria of the query. For example, you have a field on your form ID. In the criteria section of the query, you must reference the ID field on the form.

Example:
[Forms]![Your Form Name Goes Here]![Your Field Name on the Form goes here]

It will read: [Forms]![Formname]![FieldName] in the criteria section of the query. If the form is open and you run the query/report, it will only display the loaded record.

HTH

AdamH

F

floridayst

Thanks Adam for the help.

The problem is that my query may return multiple results. For example, if I search for Customers whose last name starts with G. I can navigate through these results in Form view after the query has run. But, when I open the report (to print the customer's information), it loads all of the results from the query, not just the current record I am viewing. So, if I want to print the last customer on the results list, it prints all of the records before it. Is there a way to link the Report to only the selected record on the query results list? Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom