Can You Recommend A Good Book? (1 Viewer)

Capilano

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 11:46
I have been programming in Access since 1992, but I have never done anything with Access Data Pages/ASP/.Net etc.

There are hundreds (if not thousands) of good books on MS Access available but most are very weak on creating and linking Access Data Pages to a website.

Can anyone make any recommendations on a book that deals 'specifically' with Microsoft Access and it's use in with the Web?

Pat

wizcow

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 04:46
Pat

Did you already have a look above? At the second post called Recomended Reading List.

Tom

Capilano

Registered User.
Local time
Recommended Reading List

Thanks... Actually visited the Amazon site yesterday and I picked up a book called "Microsoft Office Access 2003... Inside Out" by John Viescas which seems to be pretty good. I have only briefed it combining this with all of the historical posts from this site, I should get through.

Thanks

Pat

Mile-O

Back once again...
Local time
Re: Recommended Reading List

Capilano said:
Actually visited the Amazon site yesterday and I picked up a book called "Microsoft Office Access 2003... Inside Out" by John Viescas which seems to be pretty good.

What factors persuaded you?

I still think the Access Developers Handbook (2 huge volumes) for 2000 or 2002 are the best I've seen - not to mention the CD full of excellent classes and examples.

One such example being a class to completely resize a form based on the current resolution - that's one there's often repeat questions on. ;)

Capilano

Registered User.
Local time
Recommended Reading List

Yes, based on the recommendations from readers on the Amazon website, the Access Developers Handbook that you refer to is better. However, I live in a city of 3/4 of a millon people with several good book stores, yet none of them had the Developers Handbook in stock. I need my questions answered THIS week. I was not prepared to order it in.

Let me further state, I am not giving any kind of recommendation to the MS Office Access 2003 Inside Out book. To this point, I have only briefed it and it appears quite good but I will reserve my judgement for the next several days.

Best Regards,

Pat

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom