opening excel from access and then going back to access (1 Viewer)

quijote

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 00:56
Hi,
I have the following problem, I am trying to open an excel file from Access and then after is open going back to Access. I am able to open the Excel file but my database stays in the background while excel is in focus. I am using the following to open excel

FollowHyperlink "d:\datastore.xls"
HOw do I set the focus back to Access. Thanks

theprez

Registered User.
Local time
Why do you need to go between both applications? If you need to create a spreadsheet from Access, you can use the SendObject command and still have access be the active application.

quijote

Registered User.
Local time
Hi,
The problem is that I need to import a file from excel and it has more that 16000 rows. I have Access 97 and when I import the file, the file gets cut in 16000 records, this is a bug with access 97 and the only way to overcome this is by having the excel file open. So I wanted to open excel and import the file to access and continue with access but when I do this, excel is open and access remain in the background.

theprez

Registered User.
Local time
Wow, not sure now. Two things you may want to try

1) May be some macro in Excel that can give control back to access.

2) Convert the Excel file into some type of text file and import that into Access. This causes a separate step, but may help you in the automation process.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom