Form header background (1 Viewer)

Agent_J

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 21:53
Does anyone know how to change the background of a form header :eek: ?

o1110010

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 20:53
Agent_J said:
Does anyone know how to change the background of a form header :eek: ?

Um. You can change it's COLOUR via properties. If you want it to be a picture, you don't make it to be apart of the background. You put a picture object where you wish it to be and put anything else on top of it.

Agent_J

Registered User.
Local time
I tried changing the color via properties, but it doesnt do anything :( Would it be because I used a wizard to generate the form and then i used one of their templates?

o1110010

Registered User.
Local time
Agent_J said:
I tried changing the color via properties, but it doesnt do anything :( Would it be because I used a wizard to generate the form and then i used one of their templates?

Hm, Can you throw up a screenshot of the form (in design view)?

Using a wizard doesn't limit you to change any properties. Make sure you click the background area and then change the background colour.

Agent_J

Registered User.
Local time
yup, here it is:

and when i go to the regular view, i see the color flash but then it goes back to the template:

o1110010

Registered User.
Local time
Agent_J said:
... and when i go to the regular view, i see the color flash but then it goes back to the template...

Ah! Now I see. (btw, regular view for forms is called form view. ;))

I believe the only way to have a different form header colour is to disable the form's picture (Or maybe you can mess around with the different settings in the FORM'S properties.)

If you compare the Form's properties to the Form Header's properties. Do you see what I am talking about?

Did you want that template or did you want to customize the form to your liking?

Agent_J

Registered User.
Local time
i decided to just make a new form with a standard form picture and now its possible to change the background color :cool:

o1110010

Registered User.
Local time
Agent_J said:
i decided to just make a new form with a standard form picture and now its possible to change the background color :cool:

Great! Wizards are evil.. yet helpful for some.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
How do you get pictures to display within the text of the post rather than as attachments?

o1110010

Registered User.
Local time
Pat Hartman said:
How do you get pictures to display within the text of the post rather than as attachments?

He's using the Insert Image option next to the Insert Hyperlink option.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
That reply wasn't exactly helpful since of course, I have looked at all the buttons. Is the answer that I need to put the image somewhere on a webserver so that I have an http address for it? I asked because on another board that uses similar software, some of the images I posted ended up being displayed in the text (but not all of them) and no one there could explain the difference. Obviously, I don't have a webserver where I can store images.

o1110010

Registered User.
Local time
Oops. I figured you would have noticed that button since you are THE Great Pat Hartman. A billion posts. :)

Probably the only difference then is the webserver. :/ He is using a free one... I believe. Right Agent_J?

Agent_J

Registered User.
Local time
o1110010 said:
Oops. I figured you would have noticed that button since you are THE Great Pat Hartman. A billion posts. :)

Probably the only difference then is the webserver. :/ He is using a free one... I believe. Right Agent_J?
actually im using webspace provided by my ISP :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom