Remote desktop etc (1 Viewer)

Dan_T

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 14:54
Sorry if this sounds the same to you as other posts. Effectively I need to remotely access a number of sites and I have been searching the forum for an answer and am still not sure. My questions are as follows.

1. I have win XP Pro so can I use something like Terminal server?

2. PCAnywhere v's GoToMyPc. It seems GoToMyPc offers ease of setup and use for a wider range of applications (hand helds etc) The review I read is almost too glowing of its ability for something that costs $99 a year to use from any machine connected to the web. Anyone any knowledge of GoToMyPc?

Many thanks

Dan

Dan_T

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks, that sounds good. What I am wondering about it if there is something you can use to gain access to any (permission granted) PC from one Machine rather than access to a few machines from any PC. Does that makes sense?

krberube

just beyond new
Local time
Today, 09:54
WinXP has a tool called "Remote Desktop Connection". Use it to log into any PC and assume control.
The remote PC needs to be setup to accept remote connections. System properties, Remote Tab, check to allow remote connections.

launch the program from Accessories, Communications.

Kevin

Dan_T

Registered User.
Local time
Kevin thats great cheers mate, do you know off hand if it works for machines not on the network and any machine with an IP address? Much appreciated.

Dan

krberube

just beyond new
Local time
Today, 09:54
any machine w/ an IP is fine, not sure about over a WAN though. Should work fine.

Dan_T

Registered User.
Local time
krberube said:
any machine w/ an IP is fine, not sure about over a WAN though. Should work fine.

Thanks alot mate, will go have a play and see what happens.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom