Table Design and Relationship and Data Form (1 Viewer)

MrDix

Honor Courage Commitment
Local time
Yesterday, 21:08
First of all, I want to say Thank you to everyone in this forum I have been reading just about every question in each Topic and I have pick up a lot more than I tough I knew. [Thank you]! I not sure how to ask this question or better yet write it. Here is my Situation I work for the NAVY as an Enlisted Personnel station in (New Orleans, LA) I have created a few databases for my workcenter and were simple enough that I managed. Now, I been task to help create a Call Center DataBase to keep track of Phone Calls and Issues the Agents(Employer received Daily) As well run other reports.

I am Including a copy of what I done so far. Can someone advise me about my Database Design? Does it makes sense? Are the Relationship seen good?
my frmCustomer is based on query (qSupport) I would like to know if the form and the SubForm are set up ok where I can have the Agents input data.
And one more thing on the frmMenu I have a few Text Boxes where I would like to display the total Amouth of Phone Calls received - as well the ones pending and Close? Any Criticism or Suggestion are more than welcome.

I hope my Question / Request makes sense. Thank you ....

V/R,
MrDix

Attachments

• Call_Desk_Support.zip
    84.3 KB · Views: 139

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
I was unaware that any New Orleans USN or USNR site had a call center other than the one on the SPAWAR SC NO site. Granted, the SPAWAR Customer Service Center might not serve your needs since they are focused on broad-based pay issues and data repair for the main personnel databases for pay, travel, housing & clothing allowances, training, order-writing, etc. I can't tell what you are doing with your call tracker DB so won't try to guess. But I have customers on my applications servers who are from the Enlisted Personnel shop.

You list your address as LaPlace but surely you work either on Dauphine St. at the Hebert Defense Complex or in Algiers, and I'm betting on Dauphine St. I don't recall that the ITC site on the Lakefront has an Enlisted Personnel Office so I doubt that you could be billeted there. I'm going to further make a leap of assumption that since you are in New Orleans you are involved in either 8th NavDist HQ or CNRFC HQ functions. N12 or N14, perhaps?

I'm not going to presume any impropriety in your office having its own call tracker DB, I've seen it happen before, and there are no rules against it. But be aware that you could probably ask for - and get - local contractor help if you have proper funding for this project. And if you don't have proper funding, be VERY careful about using USN / USNR computers for an unfunded project. It might still be totally legal, but be prepared for raised eyebrows now and then. Thus speaks 16 years + of experience with CNRF Code 10, NAVRESINFOSYSOFF, SPAWAR ITC, and SPAWAR SC NO, one of the most PC places you've ever been - but better known as Paranoia Central. Further, PLEASE tell me you didn't do the upload through an NMCI terminal.

I can't look at your DB because I can't download anything through this forum's home site - it is OUTCONUS to us, you know - and I wonder about the implied security issues in your having attempted to provide the DB for consideration by uploading it. Also, since I cannot download your DB, I cannot tell whether you included any Privacy Act info in what you sent. Again, I'm not accusing anyone of anything, but I am counseling the greatest possible care in any transmissions to an OUTCONUS site. This is how you get visited by guys with dark suits, dark glasses, bad hats, and no sense of humor whatsoever.

If you can abstract your questions to narrower points of focus that do not require transmission of sample databases then you have a chance of getting LOTS of really good help on this forum. They are great folks, mostly all of them. (I may be the hard-nosed exception.) But PLEASE be very careful and remember that the .UK on the end of this site's base URL is NOT an abbreviation for "unglaublichkeit" or Ugly Kitchen. I would truly hate to have one of my co-workers in defense of the USA to get into trouble over a visit to this really useful and helpful site.

Also, you give me a second legal dilemma. I cannot touch your DB on a good day without a charge number 'cause it is a USN or USNR project and I am bound by contract clauses to avoid touching such projects without a charge number. The problem is not that I couldn't have answered a blind question on the forum - it is that the question is no longer blind. And I cannot KNOWINGLY violate contract terms.

To my friends on the forum, please be nice to Mr.Dix and don't let this post scare you off. I'm the one with contract issues. I'm out of the loop for legal reasons. Mr.Dix has to decide if he has security issues or wants to pursue the problem here. If he does, treat him right, please, or I'll find a way to haunt you. N'Awlins is, after all, Voodoo Headquarters in the USA. I won't say I'm older than dirt, but Voodoo Queen Marie Leveau and I had a non-casual relationship. Let's see, where did I put those old chicken bones....?

MrDix

Honor Courage Commitment
Local time
Table Design .......

The_Doc_Man -- Hello Thank you -- Yes I am in Dauphine with CNRFC N33 -
8-5996. the Database I upload was from home PC and is only a sample design with dommy data in it. I do understand abou the Security NMCI takes and the whole thing concern about it. As you already know we deal with AT / ADT For reserves etc... so, my Chief and CDR wanted a way to track the other Agents work as far how many calls they received daily and also how may calls do we get from a particular Reserve Activity and so on....

I understand about your contract and the obligation you are under, I do thank you for your reponse if there any where you could point me to the right direction or any good advise I welcome them both.

Thanks, for the advice concerning the Security Measurements - I will try and refined my questions to more spefic topics. (The Last thing I would want is a Visit from guys with Dark Glasses and Bad Hats and no sense of Humor ) Unless of course they are the Blue Brothers.

V/R,
MrDix

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
The only thing I can offer is generalities because of the contract issue.

One thing that might be of really great help here is to remember that the forum has a fairly effective Search function. Often, your answers are already here before you even ask the question.

The narrower your questions here, the more likely you are to get some good pointers. Not everyone will take the time to look at an uploaded DB. But a simple, straightforward question is very likely to get a straight answer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom